Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

xBox + 4 games for under £50

Courtesy of Argos

Brand new xBox with controller
4 games - 'Forza Motorsport', 'Halo 2', 'Project Gotham Racing 2' and 'Fable, The Lost Chapters'. All are quite highly regarded, from what I can see...

Damned good deal if you ask me - money well spent if you're a casual gamer. Loads of second-hand games around, and prices will tumble over the coming year. You'd pay similar for a second-hand console on eBay...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it is 49.99 for the console and then extra for the games. The 4 games are not included in the 50quid
  • Options
    ashlee wrote:
    it is 49.99 for the console and then extra for the games. The 4 games are not included in the 50quid

if you add both items into your shopping cart then it is 50 bucks, pretty good deal if your not hugely into your games
  • Options
    ashlee wrote:
    Special Offer
    Buy Xbox console (567/1867) and 4 games pack (568/0858) for £49.98.To receive this offer add both items to trolley. Can not be used in conjunction with any other Xbox offer. Offer ends 19th January 2007.

;)
  • Options
    Right OK I am proved wrong!

I am not a big gamer. I do have a Nitendo DS and used to have a PS1 zonks ago and do like my mario on my DS. Is it worth getting an xbox - how much are the games? Are they easy to use? What is better about an xbox than a playstation?

Sorry I am a bit thick with all this gaming malarky!
  • Options
    xBox games are pretty cheap these days - there are loads of titles, and many available second-hand for £5 to £15. Very similar to the PS2, though certain titles are only available on certain consoles. Basically, the xBox has better graphics and is capable of displaying more on the screen without suffering from slow-down. Other than that, both are broadly similar. They are a generation later than the original PlayStation, so have better graphics - some games look so realistic, it's quite scary. When I had my PlayStation back in 1997 or so, I thought nothing could ever top Gran Turismo. But both the bundled driving games completely destroy it.

Both are rather good for gaming. 4 Years ago they were the king of the castle - both have just been replaced, so new games will no longer be developed. Which is only a problem for people wanting to play new releases - both have huge back-catalogues, and would be great for casual gamers or people wanting something to entertain folk at a weekend piss-up. :)

xBox is a doddle to use. Power cable, video cable, and controller - slap a game in and off it goes. At £50 with 4 games, you really can't go wrong - so long as you're not hoping to get new releases for it in 12-18 months time. I bought one yesterday, as I'm not really a huge gamer but I like the odd blast. In a few weeks or months I'll be turning it into a media centre, so I can store all my music and films on it. But that's another story... :)