Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Chocolate custard

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm making a chocolate/orange trifle tomorrow so what's the best way to make chocolate custard ? Custard + cocoa powder or custard + melted chocolate (got some Lindt 85%)

Comments

• Options
    Delia does custard, marscapone and melted chocolate but she lets the melted chocolate to cool for about 2-3 minutes and whisks it in. However, from experience I wouldn't let the chocolate cool at all because it has a tendancy to stick to the spoon and itself and go all nasty and bitty
  • Options
    if you used cocoa you might need extra sugar, but it depends how you make your custard.
    Melted chocolate might be more decadent. Cocoa powder you might run the risk of it not dissolving properly.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    RubberSkin wrote:
    I'm making a chocolate/orange trifle tomorrow so what's the best way to make chocolate custard ? Custard + cocoa powder or custard + melted chocolate (got some Lindt 85%)

Oooh me too! However I'm not being as posh as you (if you use lindt), gonna do custard + chocolate angel delight :D
  • Options
    custard and melted choc- yum. custard and choc nesquik - yum.
  • Options
    Oh My God! I am inspired

*rushes downstairs to make chocolate custard*
  • Options
    OMG I am jealous of your choc custard making expedition. Come over and share the wealth!