Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ipod Housing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello everyone,

Merry Christmas! To start with! Basically, I've got a 60gb ipod for xmas. It's ex-display and so it was really really reduced - unused but handled. Anyway, works perfectly BUT it's pretty scratched - I mean I can see the screen but I bought it a replacement back and front housing on ebay and I wanted to replace it all. But it's all..connected inside -I mean there are screws attaching the front to the LCD screen but I'm scared of cocking it up, but I don't know where to send it. It does have a years guarantee with apple but they're gonna charge me for sure and knowing I have the means to do it - I was wondering if anyone here knew a way of 'guiding me' through it, what not to touch, is this an impossible quest?!

Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPod/

Has guides for disassembling ipods,

To be honest just take it really slow, the only thing you shoulden't really touch is the inside surface of the screen/chassis otherwise you'll get prints that wont wipe off. Also don't try to operate the ipod when it's in peices, I've bricked a phone that way!