Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What a difference a year makes eh?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well what a generally shit year its been relationship wise for me. This time last year i was just starting to see the girl i fell in love with. We would text each other every day, we spent alot of time together, we laughed, we had fun, we went for walks, we fed the ducks .. was my best christmas and the happiest ive been for some time. And now a year later, after having my heart broken and seeing her with someone else i tell her tonight that i cant see her anymore, that i want her to stop contacting me. Not because i hate her but because i havent let her go, i havent moved on :(

No real point to this post, just felt like writing. Shit happens eh? You lose people that you love and she probably doesnt even realise it yet.

Comments

• Options
    I know what you mean. Last year, I had happily been with my girlfriend, and had all my friends around me. The year before, I had my dad sticking bows on his forehead. This year, I'm trying to look forward to Christmas :) but I'm not sure why.

Unfortunate things do happen in life, but I expect that sooner than you might think things could pick up again :). Well, that's what I tell myself as without hope I don't think I'd have anything. :)
  • Options
    Dude - not a lot to say as you're not asking for advice, but you live, you learn.

Whatever happens, give it time, you may still end up friends with the other party involved.

G.
  • Options
    Totally the same... Its been 2 months, oh shit, today. Didnt realise it was exactly today. Try to enjoy christmas ok hun? *hugs*

You too shyboy and everyone else in pain :(
  • Options
    This time last year I was starting a realtionship with the worst person possible for me. After going through all that things are starting to look better although I still have a lot of issues.
  • Options
    Indeed a year makes so much difference, or at least it did for me. This has been probably one of the most overwhelming years of my life. Most things got better for me.

I had just got out of a really emotionally damaging relationship. I thought that my head was so fucked that i'd never want to be with anyone ever again!

But i was proven wrong :hyper:

So yeh. It might not seem like it now but life has a way of suprising you when your not expecting it.
  • Options
    :( hope you're ok Rob, don't be down on your birthday!

I think cutting contact with the girl is probably the best thing. It will give you more of a sense of closure.

Take care.
  • Options
    hey

i'm sort of in the same boat.. i had three of the happiest christmas' i've ever had the last few years.. then we broke up after 3yrs mid-november this year after some things she did..

really is bizarre how quickly your life can change

try to have a good christmas all! i think we deserve it !

-seekay
  • Options
    How sad.I really feel for you.
  • Options
    Same for me mate. This is a good time of year for it too happen, as you still have a lot of family and friends about.

They really have helped me this year, and having them all back is amazing.

Seeing the ex the other day was a big mind fuck, but hey, life carries on, im not going to stop for her.

Sounds like a lot of people need a hug !!

*hug* to all the unhappy people, remember :

"Don't cry over someone who won't cry over you."
  • Options
    This has been a fucked up year also for me. This time last year I was returning from Holiday with my wife of 12 years my 2 daughters. Today I have been living alone for 4 weeks (having moved out on the 30th November) her boyfriend (who she met on the same holiday) moved in on the same day. I will be divorcing her in the new year and the kids ignore me. Its a fucked up world all right. I hope by this time next year things will have improved. SDA
  • Options
    Phoenix_ wrote:
    "Don't cry over someone who won't cry over you."

Hmm ... but i know she cries over me ...

But anyway ... sda .. thats so sad :( .. hope things improve for you soon.
  • Options
    yeah christmas seems a bit shit this year, i had my little naive heart broken for the first time this year!

but every cloud and all that, hope everyone feels better.
  • Options
    yeah christmas seems a bit shit this year, i had my little naive heart broken for the first time this year!

but every cloud and all that, hope everyone feels better.

Ah, you arent the only one here :(

It doesnt seem to get easier :nervous: