Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why did my mince pies do this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I attempted this

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/the-fastest-mince-pies-ever,1698,RC.html

However, when I returned to remove my mince pies from the oven the bastards had puffed up loads and ejected the filling all over the baking tray :o

Why did this happen? Its made a right mess and none of the pies have filling in! Grr :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Sorry, but that's really made me laugh :D

Puff pastry can be a fickle mistress. Did you have the oven too high ? Have you got a fan oven, as the temp needs to be lower.
  • Options
    Duh...I have fan, maybe thats it :chin: Its always worked before though

I am NOT having a good christmas baking day
    Mince pies rebelled against the filling
    Whisking egg whites and chocolate - whisk kind of caught on the bottom of the bowl and spun the bowl round at full speed, shooting entire contents out of the bowl covering me, the workbench, the microwave, kettle and toaster. BAH
    Making holly leaves - can't find any actual holly leaves so improvise. End up looking like those rugs made of whole tigers you get in old houses. Not festive

BAHHH I suck. Making fruit salad too, surely can't possible fuck that up! :crazyeyes

ETA: Phone is now covered with chocolatly goop having just recovered from the rice krispie incident. Hmph
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    Duh...I have fan, maybe thats it :chin: Its always worked before though

I am NOT having a good christmas baking day
    Mince pies rebelled against the filling
    Whisking egg whites and chocolate - whisk kind of caught on the bottom of the bowl and spun the bowl round at full speed, shooting entire contents out of the bowl covering me, the workbench, the microwave, kettle and toaster. BAH
    Making holly leaves - can't find any actual holly leaves so improvise. End up looking like those rugs made of whole tigers you get in old houses. Not festive

BAHHH I suck. Making fruit salad too, surely can't possible fuck that up! :crazyeyes

ETA: Phone is now covered with chocolatly goop having just recovered from the rice krispie incident. Hmph
    Merry Christmas :thumb:
  • Options
    HAHA. Unlucky!!!
  • Options
    Did you roll out the puff pastry? Sounds like it was too thick to start with.