Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Foggy decision

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Last night I was in a pub with my dad, having a couple when the ref decided it was too foggy at Anfield and he cancelled it.
What a load of frog toss!
Both managers said it was ok and the fog was dispersing yet the ref was adamant.
Fucken hell, now i gotta wait for January 9th.

We are in good form right now and was looking forward to us giving Arsenal a spanking....who knows what form we'll be in after christmas!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It could have been worse. You could have been my mate to drove 158 miles up to Liverpool only for it to be cancelled. Ah well it won't matter who wins, they'll just be beaten by the mighty Wycombe Wanderers in the Semis... ;)
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    the ref was adamant.

He didn't quite stand and deliver, did he?
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:

We are in good form right now and was looking forward to us giving Arsenal a spanking

Bit optimistic considering the embarrasing lesson in football they gave you earlier in the season.

My gooner friend was going to that match as well. He was gonna be sitting in the home end with his girlfriend from Liverpool. And he travelled all the way down from Edinburgh for it. He wasn't impressed, especially after I texted him to inform him the fog was basically non-existant.
  • Options
    When I was a boy [/Uncle Albert] games used to be played in that kind of weather. Now the ref, when interviewed, sais that the fans deserved to get a game they could watch, mentioned prestige etc. Bag o' Shite.
  • Options
    Wenger in "It's OK, I can see the whole pitch clearly" shocker.
  • Options
    :lol:

If he'd have let it go ahead he'd have been condemned too.

If you could see both goals from the halfway line then the game should have gone ahead. But they did that in a Super League game at Odsal this year and were slaughtered for it, so I suppose the refs can't win.
  • Options
    BritJames wrote:
    He didn't quite stand and deliver, did he?

Brilliant joke.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Bit optimistic considering the embarrasing lesson in football they gave you earlier in the season.

My gooner friend was going to that match as well. He was gonna be sitting in the home end with his girlfriend from Liverpool. And he travelled all the way down from Edinburgh for it. He wasn't impressed, especially after I texted him to inform him the fog was basically non-existant.

Liverpool last 5 home games: WDWWW
    Arsenal last 5 away games: WDLLL

Liverpool scored 11 in last 3 games, conceded none.
    Arsenal scored 4 in the last 3 games, conceded 3.

Why wouldn't I be optimistic?
    As for the embarassing lesson in football, it was more Liverpool playing shit than Arsenal playing them off the field.

Your mate - unlucky!! :thumb:
    And both managers said you could see the whole pitch from end to end, not just from the half way line.