Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Creative Zen

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are they good? (I've done a search, but there's nothing particularly relevant...)

I've got one for Christmas - Creative Zen Vision M. I've read an online review that says it's the best in 2006. Is it really?

They said that about the iPod, but we all know it's shit, so are Creative's any better?

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I am unsure of all the techie stuff so won't bother with that as I don't know how good they are technically.

However, I do have a zen (just a small 1gig one) and I really love it. It is easy to navigate, has survived many drops and bumps and fits really nicely into my pocket. I got a zen as it was recommended to me and I wouldn't look back.
  • Options
    Yes they are excellent, I also have a Vision-M. Video Quality is great and surpasses that of the IPod by far. Remember to leave the screen protector on or by an InvisibleShield so you don't get any scratches.
  • Options
    Creative are way way way superior to ipod, seriously, i love my zen, be it is only a micro but its brilliant all the same :D
  • Options
    I have one and i love it, i'm not much in to the technical stuff, but its easy to use, but still looks impressive and impresses the more technical amongst us :p it has survived many drops and falls out of my bag, looks good etc, feels a lot more solid than an Ipod in my opinion. SO yeah, go for it :D
  • Options
    They're no technically better than iPod, but they are cheaper.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    They're no technically better than iPod, but they are cheaper.

Well the IPod Video display is shite compared to the Zen Visions-M's. It displays thousands and thousands more colours, and it is very noticable too.
  • Options
    If i didn't already have a soundock to go with my ipod i might have bought a zen, but with the new battery life + beter looks + easier to use factors i'll be getting another ipod.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    Well the IPod Video display is shite compared to the Zen Visions-M's. It displays thousands and thousands more colours, and it is very noticable too.

I asked in the other thread but are you sure?

Have you carried out tests or are you just bigging up the Zen because you have one (much like alot of Zen-owners seem to do :o )

The reason I ask is because I'm planning on getting one of the two, in the sales, and want to know people's opinions on both.

I've seen my friends iPod video and the video on it is sharp as fuck, very impressive, and I'm unsure how it could be much better unless the Zen is HD or something! :p

I'm a big fan of itunes and the apple interface is very impressive. I'm just not sure if I can commit to iPod after the problems my Mini has given me, but I've heard of Zen owners having problems too, so it seems there's no really reliable device on the market.
  • Options
    i got mine last christmas. i loved it but it died last week. :(

so i'm now looking for a replacement! would get a creative again - but would like something different. :)

eta: i had a micro 6gb.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I asked in the other thread but are you sure?

Have you carried out tests or are you just bigging up the Zen because you have one (much like alot of Zen-owners seem to do :o )

The reason I ask is because I'm planning on getting one of the two, in the sales, and want to know people's opinions on both.

I've seen my friends iPod video and the video on it is sharp as fuck, very impressive, and I'm unsure how it could be much better unless the Zen is HD or something! :p

I'm a big fan of itunes and the apple interface is very impressive. I'm just not sure if I can commit to iPod after the problems my Mini has given me, but I've heard of Zen owners having problems too, so it seems there's no really reliable device on the market.

No it's true, I read it in a review a few months back. The Zen has 256 thousand whilst the IPod has something like 80 thousand. The picture quality is much better in different situatuations, and it feels and looks great. The IPod seems very breakable, as in it seems much too thin.
  • Options
    The Zen is alright. iRiver make better products IMO.