Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

can i get my money back on this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so yeah, bought this off ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160061311003&rd=1&rd=1

from the sound of the advert i took it as it just needed formatting as she said mechanically it was fine, when i go it though i went into the diagnosic menu on it, ran a hard disk scan and it came back failed,

i'm not to bothered as its only 25 bucks but coulda been 25 clams wortha beer money :( .

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Yeah, I doubt it tbh. They did state that it was faulty and I think it was a bit presumptious to think that it just needed formatting. The fault could've very well been deeper than that (as has been proved) and I don't think you would have much of a case. If it was as simple as formatting the thing, then I reckon the original seller would've been able to do that themselves instead of finding out about sending it off for repair (which is what it looks like they did).

Not what you wanted to hear, I know. Sorry.
  • Options
    Have you notified the seller and what was their response? Did you pay via Pay Pal? I have had help on two occasions by opening a problem ticket with PayPal and they got my money back for me.
  • Options
    dont want to sound mean, but i hope not. it was advertised as damaged and not working, you knew that, i guess the extent of the problem wasnt clear, but if you can get refunds in these sort of situations it makes a mockery of the ebay system.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    dont want to sound mean, but i hope not. it was advertised as damaged and not working, you knew that, i guess the extent of the problem wasnt clear, but if you can get refunds in these sort of situations it makes a mockery of the ebay system.

yeahcome to think of it i think your right dude, was just a bit miffed at the time, plus i'd just put a screwdriver through my finger trying to open the bugger (i guessed its only twenty quid why the fuck not). ah well time to look for a harddrive on ebay moi thinks
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

yeahcome to think of it i think your right dude, was just a bit miffed at the time, plus i'd just put a screwdriver through my finger trying to open the bugger (i guessed its only twenty quid why the fuck not). ah well time to look for a harddrive on ebay moi thinks