Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Skin on my Penis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 13 and I'm having trouble with the skin on my penis. I can only pull it halfway down. Whats wrong and what should i do?:(

Comments

• Options
    Half way down the head? It's not necessarily a problem. Can you pull it back to clean it when you are in the bath ?
  • Options
    comes down like a centimeter
  • Options
    i noticed that most of the skin goes down except for one part thats almost attached to it
  • Options
    vrtsingh wrote:
    i noticed that most of the skin goes down except for one part thats almost attached to it

That sounds quite normal to me :yes:
  • Options
    vrtsingh wrote:

Yes, which should be the part below the head. It's unhygienic if you don't wash the glans and you can't really do this if you can't retract the foreskin.

I quickly found something which might help you, but I don't know if it's legitimate and the best thing for you to do, imo, is to talk to a professional, i.e. visit a near GUM clinic, depending on where you live. You can talk to anyone there about advice and ask questions etc - in my experience they have been very friendly. :)
    http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/safersex/sexualhealth/faqvisitingagumclinic
    In a young boy who has not been circumcised, the normal foreskin requires no special care until he is about five or six. However, from the age of six or seven, all males should practise proper hygiene. It is important to retract the foreskin and wash all of the area at least once a week. The first few times this occurs, the retraction needs to be gentle, with gradual progression on each occasion until the foreskin can be fully retracted without discomfort.

Your son should be able to slide his foreskin back and needs to be seen by your doctor if he cannot retract it fully. Certain conditions, including infections under the foreskin, may result in scarring and cause the tissue of the foreskin to stick to the head of the penis."

ETA: i don't really think this is a problem enough to see a professional if you can wash your glans while cleaning.
  • Options
    vrtsingh wrote:

The part that is attached is underneath your penis and attaches your foreskin to the glans (head) is called the frenulum (a very sensitive area). This is completely normal.

As long as you can pull your foreskin back enough to clean it every day, it does not sound like you have much of a problem.

If it bothers you that much, you can try some stretching techniques to make it looser and pull back further.

Use baby oil, Vaseline intensive care hand and body lotion, Nivea or any bland cream as a lubricant. Pull the foreskin forward away from the body several times then pull it back and hold it in the stretched position for several minutes twice daily. When the hole is large enough insert your thumb , or smaller finger if necessary, into the foreskin and grip the glans ( the head of the penis) between finger and thumb. Roll the foreskin over the thumb until the tight ring is white with stretching. Hold it in this position as long as you can at a time - say 5 minutes. . Repeat as often as you have the time and enthusiasm for. If later you find there is room for two or more fingers then use them.

If time permits even better results may be possible if you soak your penis in warm water for some minutes before you start to stretch.

Take care to avoid premature retraction beyond the corona of the glans to avoid paraphimosis (where the foreskin gets stuck behind the glans of your penis.

Ideally, you want to reach a stage where the head of your penis is exposed when your penis is erect and the foreskin is able to glide back and forth over the top of the glans.
  • Options
    I had that too in my early teens. That my foreskin was only retractable to pull it under the head at the front (when you look down on it), but was 'attached' on the sides.

One fine day it made it made rraaatsh like a tearing a piece of paper and I could pull it all the way down. It wasn't a meaty connection (so no wound), just a sticky connection, i dunno... I wasn't particularly unhygienic tho :confused:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    It wasn't a meaty connection (so no wound), just a sticky connection, i dunno... I wasn't particularly unhygienic tho :confused:

Same here, well you can basiacly masterbate until one day it "comes off" thats what i did.
  • Options
    thanks alot for the advice yall
  • Options
    i tried stretchin the skin both when i pulled the skin down a little, the connection started to bleed, only like a dot. uh oh:nervous:
  • Options
    vrtsingh wrote:
    started to bleed, only like a dot. uh oh:nervous:

Not a big thing to worry about, its just where you have pulled it abit too much, dont try to pull it back too much.

Just a little every day/night and one day it will pop off:thumb:
  • Options
    Don't yank, prod, poke, squeeze anything on your todger, could do more harm than good!

I think I may of had the same problem when I was a nipper, in fact I think I was about the same age. Just leave it and let it sort it's self out... your only young and things won't be as they should yet dude.