Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Coffee/Cappucino machines?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
can anyone recommend a decent coffee machine, one of these fancy new things that does it all for you. i dont really know anything about em, but fancy getting one for my new house.

hopefully have up to about £100 to spend on one, but cheaper the better please.

im after suggestions and also wether they are any good or actually a bit tosh.

Comments

• Options
    We've got a Tassimo, it's really good, I dont even like coffee and it makes it taste yummy enough for me to like it.

It was quite expensive when we got it but I think they're about £80 now.
  • Options
    yeah ive seen the tassimo ones, there seems to be loads of different brands of these capsule machine ones, tassimo, necafe, senseo..

im not sure which to go for!!

how much are the tassimo cartridges?
  • Options
    We buy them in bulk from Costco but when I've bought them from Tesco I think it's about £3 odds for 15 discs.

There's a new machiney thing out that looks quite cool, a bit like a duck! I have no idea who it's by though, it might be Nescafe?

ETA - This is the one - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4200239.htm
  • Options
    The capsule ones are shit- the coffee is bland at best, the capsules cost an absolute fortune, and they really aren't worth the horrific prices charged.

I had a de Longhi filter/espresso/cappuccino machine and it was great, but it was quite old (had it four years) and when the jug broke I couldn't get another. I've just replaced it with a Kenwood espresso machine.
  • Options
    ya see, i want ease of use and also minimal cleaning, thats why i was gonna go for a capsule one.

how much would i be looking at for a traditional one?
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    The capsule ones are really easy to clean. I know you can buy reusable pods/capsules for the Senseo on Ebay. I think they're called Ecopads IIRC.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    ya see, i want ease of use and also minimal cleaning, thats why i was gonna go for a capsule one.

The traditional ones are no harder to clean, its just a case of bashing the coffee grinds into the bin.
    how much would i be looking at for a traditional one?

It depends what make you want.

The de Longhi one I had was £50, the Kenwood is really funky and is £150 in the shops (but we got it for £50 on eBay).
  • Options
    The Tassimo is Great, Makes gorgeous coffee, Only £79.97 at Asda! :yum:
  • Options
    The Tassimo is Great, Makes gorgeous coffee, Only £79.97 at Asda! :yum:

nice but the cups are far far too small... I would want a mug machine to make it worth the money.
  • Options
    Only £80 for something that costs a fortune to run?

It's amazing what marketing does.