Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can this skirt be taken in?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I usually only buy clothes that fit off the shelf, but I'm now a size six and it's getting harder to find things that fit.

I found this skirt on eBay (from H&M orginally) - it was advertised as a size eight, so I thought I'd wing it and see if it was a small eight. Turned out to be a definite size ten :( But it's a really really nice skirt and I would love to be able to wear it on Christmas Day.

It's fully lined as well as the netting. Would it be possible to take it in, do you think? There is a place in town (of the SupaStitch variety, I think) that I intend to take it to at the weekend, but just wanted to ask the needle-y talented here.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I'd have to look inside at the seams to be sure, but it seems like you could, yup! You could take in the waistband and then taper the sides down to the frill :yes:
  • Options
    was going to wait for someone with knowledge to answer before I added that I had a similar skirt that needed taking in. Took it to laundrette/seamstress place and they said £32!!!! but yes, it can be done... obviously I didn't pay £32 to have mine done, seeing as I bought it in the sale at about a £10, I gave it to a friend instead...