Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

broken phone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i must have spilt beer on my phone or something last night. none of the buttons are working, however there is some response the backlight does light up. whats the best thing to do, just wait for it to dry out, or is it doomed?

Comments

• Options
    What phone is it?

Well, i'd let it dry out but it depends on how much got split onto your phone.

I had a friend the other day who put his fone under the tap and it worked fine :eek2:

But if it dont work in afew days, Its time for a new one!
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    Open it up (i.e. separate the battery, cover if removable, sim card, memory card, etc.) and let it dry. Clean any sticky bits you can. If you're more adventurous you can open it up completely and clean it using a guide from the web. You can google and find a guide for your particular phone.

It's normally advised to run it under clean tap water straight away if you drop it into any other liquid. I'm not sure if it still applies in your case, as it has been nearly a day already.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    It can also take up to a week to dry and work again
  • Options
    thanks for the help. for some reason it started working better after i charged it, nearly back to normal now
  • Options
    I tried running my old keyboard under water after I split a can full of coke on it, then left it to dry for a day upside down on the windowsill.

Needless to say, it didn't work again :(. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.