Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A break?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A close friend of mine has been going out for just over a year now. His gf recently said to him that she want to 'take a break', he really loves her and trusts her, he asked her how long does she want to 'break' for and she responded not long, just untill she 'gathers her thoughts'.

Now what has happened is they've been on a break for about a week now and my friend just found out that she has slept with somone else during those last 7 days. He asked her about it, and she said yes that did happen but she doesnt think it's wrong becuase they were on a 'break', he obviously is devastated and doesnt know what to do.

I just want your oppionions on this, is it wrong that she did this? or is the excuse 'We were on a break' valid?

Comments

• Options
    We Were On A Break!!
  • Options
    Reminds me of that epp of F.R.I.E.N.D.S actually, lol.

But this is real.
  • Options
    yeh thats what i was thinking of :)

well personally i'd be fucked off if my boyfriend shagged someone else. especially if the break was to "gather thoughts". she obviously want thinking of your friend whilst she was shagging someone else thats for sure. breaks are usually just to get some space for a bit and think things through.
  • Options
    Yea, thats what I thought. I think he's going to break up with her, and imo thats a perfectly fine thing to do.
  • Options
    But he can't break up with her, they are already broken up. Being on a break means breaking up with the intention of maybe possibly getting back together again.
  • Options
    I think it was fully intended though that they would get back together, thats how he explained it anyway.
  • Options
    If I took a break and that happened, honestly, I would just stop talking to her entirely and tell her to leave me alone. I don't deal well with 'cheating' matters though.
  • Options
    I'd be pissed off but did they actually set ground rules?

Mind you, my ex fiance called a break with me and I was so gutted, I made him promise there would be no one else. Then I went and got naughty with a guy even though I still wanted my fiance to have me back.
  • Options
    It shows she takes the relationship seriously doesnt it, they are together over a year and it takes her a week to be sleeping with someone else.

Sounds to me like she just wanted a 'break' so she could sleep with someone else, so its a legit affair.
  • Options
    sounds to me like she used the break excuse so she could have a taste of someone else, nothing to do with gathering her thoughts IMO

she fancied someone, wanted them, but wasnt sure if once she had them they`d be what she wanted, so kept him on hold incase

if i was him, i`d stay clear...