Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Really stupid novice here!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya.

Right, if i record something on our video recorder as in hand held recorder thing then how do i eventually get it on a DVD to watch?

I am guessing it is not the easiest thing to do, but as with the record onto the mini tapes I would think it is relativley possible to transfer it to DVD, because that is the whole point right?

Any help given to this dumb blonde would be well appreciated!!

Thanks x x x

Comments

• Options
    I think you can take them to some sort of camera shop and they will do them for you.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I think you can take them to some sort of camera shop and they will do them for you.

As in max spielman sort of place? Is it expensive?
  • Options
    I've never been to one so I wouldn't know.
  • Options
    It's actually quite simple really, If i understand what you are saying correctly, otherwise the following is useless to you.

You only need to connect your camcorder to the pc and use something like Windows Movie Maker to capture the recording. You should already have movie maker on your pc and you can pick up the cable required from places like Comet Currys etc.

Then once you have captured it onto your pc you simply burn it to dvd assuming you have a cd/dvd rewriter and cd/dvd's to burn onto.

I plug mine into my pc and do just this. Very very simple in the end.
  • Options
    Assuming you have a stand-alone DVD recorder under your telly, it will most likely have some phono plug sockets on the front or back. Normally they are identified by something like "line in" or similar. Get the cable that came with the video camera and has plugs on the end that are yellow, red and white, and plug them in to your dvd recorder. Switch your DVD recorder to the line-in input, and press record. Press play on your camera.