Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Oh dear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Did anyone else see that poor girl on Deal or No Deal tonight ? Dealt at £21k with 8 boxes left and ended up with £100k and £250k as her last 2 boxes. Bawling her eyes out. Awwwww
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I saw the end. I can kinda understand being gutted she could have had the £250k but £21k is still alot of money to me.
    I would have been a little gutted but wouldn't have bawled my eyes out on tv like she was lol.
    See i'm in my sensitive mood no? lol
  • Options
    Whenever I watch this show I think how people must think when they're on it.

They started with £0, and some people leave with 1p, so £21,000 is a heck of a lot of money.

I think that Noel Edmonds doesn't help though:
    "Oh god please don't be the £250,000, that would be terrible if it was, then you'd have thrown your WHOLE GAME AWAY, in fact, your whole life would be forfeit, oh god, oh god," *box is opened* "Nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it's the 250,000!!" *cue audience gasp of sympathy and followed by the odd one or two clapping ebcause they're really not sure what to do*

I think I'd like to be one of those mental people who just laughs the whole way through :thumb:. Some people take it way too seriously, it's a lot of money but you started with nothing and it's a game of chance, not skill per se.
  • Options
    followed by the odd one or two clapping ebcause they're really not sure what to do

:lol:

The Deal or No Deal fruitmachine at the Hare and Hounds is better. God that got me and some mates drunk a few weeks ago :)
  • Options
    I thought she was a bit greedy when she started crying but i did feel for her i'd have kicked myself a few times. Good entertainment that one though :p
  • Options
    Poor girl? I wanted to slap her one, the spoiled tart.
  • Options
    Poor girl? I wanted to slap her one, the spoiled tart.

True, she did seem to be a bit of a 'girly girl' and has been said she's still got 21k
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Hilarious :D

Didn't watch it. Watched Scrubs instead. Never mind.
  • Options
    I laughed my ass off.
  • Options
    aw i felt so bad for her! id be kicking myself if i was in that situation!!! .. altho saying that, i never would have brought my boyfriend down and asked him what he thought. its MY game so i wouldnt want to be influenced by anyone else!
  • Options
    I watched it on holiday, and the French better is so much better as they dont have that much suspence and the show gets done in about half an hour. The girl had a million euros in her box and swopped it for the only box remaing that only had 25,000 euros in it. She was quite upset, me and my mum thought it was hilarious.
  • Options
    Yes I saw it. I thoiught what a mardy bitch, quit ya crying and go and enjoy your 20 grand.
  • Options
    Bit of a spoiler so don't read if ya don't want to.

I don't know how 'true' this is BUT,

on another forum, some guy says that a woman who comes into his petrol station (or it might be a woman who works in a petrol station that he goes into) has won the £250k. It'll be shown around 7/8th January.
  • Options
    people need to think that they have just won 20k rather than loosing the rest, they didnt have it to begin with, i cant stand it when the tears come, it makes me laugh, silly cow. be grateful for what she's won.

rubberskin, its probably bollocks, everyone hears stories like this, like the story of the woman who handed the muslim his wallet back and the muslim told her to stay away from so and so place on such a date because it was gonna get bombed....

i like urban legends
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    rubberskin, its probably bollocks

TBH i think you're right. This woman apparently got down to her last 2 boxes and had £250k and £750 and the offer was around £40k, which is really low as you've got a 50/50 chance of £250k. Also i'm surprised the papers haven't got hold of it, like the first million winner in Who Wants To Be a Millionaire everyone knew about it a week or so beforehand.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    TBH i think you're right. This woman apparently got down to her last 2 boxes and had £250k and £750 and the offer was around £40k, which is really low as you've got a 50/50 chance of £250k. Also i'm surprised the papers haven't got hold of it, like the first million winner in Who Wants To Be a Millionaire everyone knew about it a week or so beforehand.

It has been in the papers quite a bit.

That girl last night was a silly bint. She was gorgeous, had a handsome boyfriend, was getting married, had just won £21K and just kept being greedy thinking about the money she had lost. Felt like giving her a smack. It's just money. It was entertaining though.
  • Options
    I watched this and it really made my day. Had me in stitches.

Yes, I'm a heartless cow :D

My Dad was gutted he missed it. He loves those sorta games!
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    I read about that in The Daily Mirror so it must be true! (well maybe)
  • Options
    21k is such a feeble amount of money :rolleyes: