Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sites you regret visiting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Maybe this is just me, but does anyone else go to a website, and then for weeks later wish they hadn't because that little prompt bar which tries to guess where you want to go keeps reminding you of it?

In particular I'm thinking of when I ambled over to www.thesexclub.tk (which isn't dodgy at all, it's a bit like a student union site), but now every time I try www.thes it brings that up for me! :banghead: .

Similar problem for when I mistype and an address.

Just a rant really.

Comments

• Options
    There are like a million sites i regret visiting.
    I'll let you work out the web addresses...

lemonparty
    goatse
    tubgirl

nuff said.
  • Options
  • Options
    How?
  • Options
  • Options
    vbulletin.thesite.org.uk :(
  • Options
    Its mainly rude things that come up when you type, I wonder why...:chin: haha
  • Options
    ebay
  • Options
    Maybe this is just me, but does anyone else go to a website, and then for weeks later wish they hadn't because that little prompt bar which tries to guess where you want to go keeps reminding you of it?

In particular I'm thinking of when I ambled over to www.thesexclub.tk (which isn't dodgy at all, it's a bit like a student union site), but now every time I try www.thes it brings that up for me! :banghead: .

Similar problem for when I mistype and an address.

Just a rant really.

You need to go get Firefox and download some ant spyware tools like Adaware (free) & Spyboy Search & Destroy (free) and also get yourself an anti virus like AVG or Avast (both free) and a firewall if you don't already have one.
  • Options
    I didn't really express myself well, I meant to go to www.thesexclub.tk (try it, it's completely harmless) it's a JCR site (bit like a student union for a halls of residence), just ever since then it has irritated me when it comes up when I type www.thes..... , likewise when I occasionally type www.gooogle.com, I end up repeatedly getting the error page because every time I type www.go... it supplies the typo as the first option.

It's me being an incompetant blonde.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    That isn't safe. ;(

:lol:

Scary Monster, I guess you're using internet explorer?

just go to "options" (if it's IE 7, it'll be in the tools bit, probably similar in IE 6, I forget), then delete your browsing history.

obviously this is no good if you want some of your other history, but that's the easiest way to do it :)
  • Options
    All of those sites that kill my computer :(

So many descusting sites too..

I recently say this one of this guy totally mutalating his genitals, it was by far the most vile thing I have ever seen.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Onyxfalcon wrote:
    All of those sites that kill my computer :(

So many descusting sites too..

I recently say this one of this guy totally mutalating his genitals, it was by far the most vile thing I have ever seen.

How... rare.

Oh, my post was deleted. Whoopsie.:o

I love Horses was too. AHAHAHA. I love Horses, the best of all the animals... I love Horses, in the bum!
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    sophia wrote:
    In internet explorer anyway, Tools - Internet Options - Clear History.

That should clear it. But if you want to completely disable the autocomplete feature for web addresses in IE, you can do it from Tools > Internet Options > Content tab > AutoComplete
  • Options
    I regret visiting shitcity.com
    Back in my first year at secondary school some sick fuck from my class told me to visit it, so me and my mate did....and oh my god it was rank, we never got past the homepage, but yeah the image on the homepage still haunts me to this day, 8 years later.
  • Options
    ogrish.com
    myspace
  • Options
    www.ratemypoo.com was a classic timewaster in high school days, like hotornot with a twist.....got in a lot of trouble with the year head over that one, lol. brings a new meaning to the phrase 'toilet humour', i dare you to click.