Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do I find out my own phone number?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My phone was stolen on holiday and while I'm waiting for a replacement sim card to be sent out, I'm using a spare one I found. However it has no credit on and I don't know the phone number.

How can I find out the number? I've looked though all the menu options on the phone (it's a nokia 1600) and can't find it. I don't want to buy £10 credit when I will be getting my old sim back in a few days, any ideas??

Comments

• Options
    Try the Contacts/Phonebook part of your menu, is it in there anywhere?
  • Options
    phone your home phone or someone elses mobile?
  • Options
    Dinted wrote:

She has no credit.
  • Options
    Dinted wrote:

I have no credit so I can't call anyone. It's not in the phone book. Why can't they just write it on the sim?
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I have no credit so I can't call anyone. It's not in the phone book. Why can't they just write it on the sim?
    Because the number isn't connected to the SIM until you call to register it with a PAYG phone. And with contract they can tranfser numbers for you so there's no predefined number per SIM.

Not in the phonebook itself as such, but in the Contacts menu - is there nothing called My numbers or something similar? Mine's a Nokia and has this option, and so have my old Nokias and Samsungs.

I don't know what a Nokia 1600 is lik so I can't help in many other ways.
  • Options
    Ring the network provider from the phone and ask them, that's usually a free call. Or ring the network provider off your land line with the number off the SIM card and if it was properly registered they can tell you.
  • Options
    Ring the network provider from the phone and ask them, that's usually a free call. Or ring the network provider off your land line with the number off the SIM card and if it was properly registered they can tell you.

so stupid, just rang 02 and they said they can't tell me my own phone number because of data protection.
    :rolleyes: