Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Come on you Gunners!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
That mightened be the last time you hear me say that this season.

Score predictions? I'm going for a hugely optimistic 1-1.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    1-0 Chelsea. As always.

Cashley to get sent off.
  • Options
    2-0 Chelsea I expect, Arsenal aren't physical enough and Chelsea will just grind them down :crying:

1-1 is the most United could hope for unless Arsenal do something special.
  • Options
    3-1 Chelsea, Drogba first and last scorer.
  • Options
    YES!!! The Gooners have scored!
  • Options
    What a fucking goal from Essien!

Lehmann and Drogba should have been sent off. Fucking mincers.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:

Trust a Man Utd fan to get the score right on this one :p
  • Options
    cracking match, i especially enjoyed watching chelsea repeatedly hit the woodwork lol, maybe drogba should see a doctor about those back spasms....
  • Options
    Addict wrote:

correcto mundo - the last 15 mins nearly made me cry though!
  • Options
    A commendable draw which I would've taken pre-game. Drogba and Lehmann's Tom and Jerry act was embarassing but very funny. I thought the ref had a fairly decent game too.
  • Options
    No actually Lehmann and Drogba should not have been sent off...
    They should partner up and become a comedy duo. That was the funniest "football" moment i saw in a while. Everyone in the pub were pissing themselves, chelsea and arsenal fans alike.
  • Options
    That was so a penalty.

Cracking result BTW
  • Options
    Good game I enjoyed it.

Chel$ki deserved to win.

Don't think the result was good for either team, just the scummers.

Really didn't know who I wanted to win, was cheering both in the end, I don't want scum to win the title but as much as it pains me I think I'd prefer them to win it over Chel$ki.
  • Options
    I hate the Sunday games because I never get to see them :grump:
  • Options
    Great result!

Can't really deny Chelsea the draw they deserved, but I would have rather Arsenal won just for the psychological damage it would do to Chelsea. It was interesting watching it with some of my gooner friends from uni, and actually 'cheering' the Arsenal goal with them. We'd been slating Flamini all game for giving away the ball as well. :o

Essien's goal was a screamer. Lehmann and Drogba are nothing but clowns. I saw Drogba in a pre-match interview talking himself up, saying he wants to be the best striker and stuff. I know he started the season on fire but he hasn't scored in 9 league games or something now - hopefully he's back to his old self. Shevchenko is a waste of space in the Chelsea side - surely they're gonna have to start playing Robben ahead of him.
  • Options
    Good game I enjoyed it.

Chel$ki deserved to win.

Perhaps with the chances they created but not if Frank Lampard continues to miss sitters like that. Seriously, Chelsea had enough chances to kill the game which they failed to take. I say well done the Gooners. It was only because of a candidate for Goal of the Season that they didn't win.

EDIT: It gets better every time you watch it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1lv8Ng3Bkc

Not a bad load of goals this weekend. Matty Taylor's was incredible. Even if he does play for Pompey.
  • Options
    Didier "the warrior" Drogba yet again showing he hasn't lost his talent for falling over. Dont understand why he does it, he has been great so far this season without the theatrics. The incident with Lehmann was ridicoulous, although very funny.

Chelsea look very good when they play with width, especially Robben on the left so why does Mourinho continue to play a narrow midfield 4 most of the time?

Ah well, at least this result keeps the title race intresting going into the Xmas games. Be intresting to see what happens in January, especially as far as United are concerned. Still feel they need to bring in a midfielder to add some depth to the squad if they are to be going for the champions league and the league.
  • Options
    As Alan Green pointed out on Five Live, it is panto season.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    No actually Lehmann and Drogba should not have been sent off...

Of course they shouldn't- violent conduct is what the offence is, and mincing about like two toddlers isn't violent conduct.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Shevchenko is a waste of space in the Chelsea side - surely they're gonna have to start playing Robben ahead of him.
    I think Shevs being hung out to dry a bit with the way Chelsea line up each week. They've being playing with 4 centre midfielders and very little width, if they lined up like last year with Shev up top on his own, 5 across the middle with the likes of Robben, Cole & SWP causing problems out wide and getting balls into the danger area then I think you would see a different player in him.

Also don't forget a lot of top players struggle to find their feet and get with the pace of the English top flight, hes getting his chance and is no doubt a world class striker and maybe it could be next year but he should come good eventually. Drogshit was awful last year and hes prooved hes pretty decent so far this season although he is stuck in a bit of a ruck at the minute, saying that I still hate the cheating fairy.

So maybe Shev will come good, only time will tell I suppose.
  • Options
    Henry was crap for ages when he came to Britain, Shevchenko is a good player.

That said Chris Sutton was a good player, and look what happened to him at Chelsea :D
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Of course they shouldn't- violent conduct is what the offence is, and mincing about like two toddlers isn't violent conduct.

Hang on a minute. For one who's so quick to shout about divers (especially at United) you wouldn't like to see them get a straight red for it?
  • Options
    Hang on a minute. For one who's so quick to shout about divers (especially at United) you wouldn't like to see them get a straight red for it?

According to the rules, if the ref had given them red cards then he wouldn't have been doing his job properly. The refs job is to enforce the rules laid down to him, so he doesn't have the right to send people off just for diving.

Whether it should be a red card offence to dive all over the place is a different matter.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    According to the rules, if the ref had given them red cards then he wouldn't have been doing his job properly. The refs job is to enforce the rules laid down to him, so he doesn't have the right to send people off just for diving.

Whether it should be a red card offence to dive all over the place is a different matter.

That's exactly the point I was making :p

The rules should be rewritten to have straight reds for diving. And yes, before you ask, that includes Miko.
  • Options

So maybe Shev will come good, only time will tell I suppose.

He's no spring chicken though.

Drogba (and Henry) aren't really good comparisons because they were young, inexperienced and were going to take time.

As I saw it, Shevchenko was bought, because it was believed his vast experience and undoubted quality would shine through. Take Van Nistelrooy at Real Madrid as a comparison.

As a striker when you're the wrong side of 30, I don't think you really have the luxury of getting a whole season to settle in. Shevchenko seems to have lost some of the pace he once had at Milan and Chelsea don't have anyone who comes close to Kaka's quality. Oh well, I'll not lose any sleep over it.
  • Options
    That's exactly the point I was making :p

The rules should be rewritten to have straight reds for diving.

I'm not sure if that would be viable. I've seen referees falsely accusing players of diving and giving them cards when they should have had a free kick (or penalty)! If you start sending players off when in reality they should've had a penalty, it will cause more controversy than it's worth.
  • Options

The rules don't allow for it. What happened wasn't violent conduct, and to send either of them off would have ruined the game.

As for whether divers should be sent off, I think it depends. I think it would be more hassle than its worth (Henry would have been sent off in Moscow, for instance), and I don't trust refs to get it right.

I think retrospective punishments would be much better, starting at five games and moving onwards for diving for penalties, etc.
  • Options
    I agree. I mean sometimes even if it isn't a penalty, it's hard to tell whether the player dived, or simply lost his balance and fell over. Even on a replay. But I agree that retrospective punishment should be an option.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    He's no spring chicken though.
    I've noticed he looks a little slow aswell.
    I think the main problem is the system there playing though, not his age, his quality or his pace. He needs people whipping balls into the danger area from wide positions and Chelsea just haven't being playing the system to do that this year.
    Mourinho is working round what he classes as his best midfield and that just doesn't suit Shevchenko.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I'm not sure if that would be viable. I've seen referees falsely accusing players of diving and giving them cards when they should have had a free kick (or penalty)! If you start sending players off when in reality they should've had a penalty, it will cause more controversy than it's worth.

Fair points, and they're exactly the sort of reasons where ref's should have access to video replays, IMO.
    Kermit wrote:
    The rules don't allow for it. What happened wasn't violent conduct, and to send either of them off would have ruined the game.

As for whether divers should be sent off, I think it depends. I think it would be more hassle than its worth (Henry would have been sent off in Moscow, for instance), and I don't trust refs to get it right.

I think retrospective punishments would be much better, starting at five games and moving onwards for diving for penalties, etc.

Aye I know the rules :p

That would work aye, personally I'd just prefer, as I said above that ref's could look at video replays. There's something a hell of a lot more satisfying than seeing whatever cheating bastard it was get sent of there and then, and the embarrassment that they plainly can't hide as walk towards to tunnel.