Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New York at Christmas Time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm flying out to New York City on Christmas day with my parents and younger brother and sister. I've never been outside of Europe before and I'm really excited. We have made a list of things that we would like to see and do but does anyone have any advice/recommendations? :love:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    silverhalo wrote:
    I'm flying out to New York City on Christmas day with my parents and younger brother and sister. I've never been outside of Europe before and I'm really excited. We have made a list of things that we would like to see and do but does anyone have any advice/recommendations? :love:
    I think the whole city in general is worth to see.

Good luck.
  • Options
    go iceskating at the rockafeller centre! do it.

christmas day is kind of a weird day to be flying out :] ermmm im not sure, id do all the touristy things if they're open. like statue of liberty, empire state building, go shopping on 5th ave, visit times square, especially at night.
  • Options
    Go ice skating in central park. Tis great.

If you can afford it, go in one of the helicopter tour things of the city. I think it's $50 but well worth it.

And the obvious: Empire state, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, shopping etc.

Ohh, and if you happen to stumble across a restaurant called Mars 212, go there! That's a great place. The whole place is decorated like Mars, you have to go in a little ride thing to get to your table, and all the waiters are dressed up as aliens. :D
  • Options
    New York at christmas time is so amazing! My favourite thing was all the shop christmas windows - they were so christmassy and magical! Also, skating in central park or the rockafella centre and times square at night are definate must-dos!
  • Options
    What can I say? You lucky lucky sod, living my dream!! The only thing I would change is to be 1) going with my mates and 2) flying out on xmas eve not xmas day

But hey, hope you have a fab time :thumb:
  • Options
    NY at xmas is full of damn tourists, especially mexican and chinese, not that i have anything against the two nations, they were just the predominate ones.
    Apart from that :thumb:

I :heart: New York!
  • Options
    It'll be fucking cold. Wrap up warm.
  • Options
    It'll probably be snowing. You will be cold.
    Head to Macy's on 5th, on xmas day EVERYTHING is reduced by at least 10%.
    Rockerfella centre ice skating is always good, but it'll be fucking packed at night, cos it's the prettiest time.
    Get a horse&carriage ride around Central park at night, or early evening. The christmas tree is worth it.