Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Phone shops

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
Does anyone here, or anyone close to anyone here work in a mobile telephone establishment?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They're all over the place these days, it'd be easier to find someone who doesn't live near one.
  • Options
    no i mean does anyone or anyone they are close to (as in mum, sister, boyfriend kinda thing) work in one
  • Options
    *being nosey*

Why?
  • Options
    hehe, because i was being offered all these deals the other day, each one trying to beat the other, but i dont know if they were genuinely good, or what not!

i want inside info!
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote:
    hehe, because i was being offered all these deals the other day, each one trying to beat the other, but i dont know if they were genuinely good, or what not!

i want inside info!

What kind of shops are you going in?

Like the 02 shop/3 store? Or just independent little shops that offer you deals on loads of networks?
  • Options
    carphone warehouse, phones 4 u, usual kind of high street ones
  • Options
    Just buy a pay as you go. All phone shops are out to pull your pants down. IMO
  • Options
    HIT wrote:

Yeah, that's why I'm getting 500 free anytime, any network minutes and 500 free texts a month for £20. I'm getting properly shafted there right enough.

Lie to the other networks. Phone up o2 and say Orange offered you the above, and they'll beat it.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote:
    carphone warehouse, phones 4 u, usual kind of high street ones

Ah cool.

If you take a deal out from one of them stores, remember that your contract is (initially at least) with them and not the network. So if they've offered you half price line rental or cash back, then they'd be the ones responsible for it, not 3 or 02. And I can assure you that Phones 4 U are masters of fucking things like that up.

You might want to have a look on the website of the network you're interested in as well.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Ah cool.

If you take a deal out from one of them stores, remember that your contract is (initially at least) with them and not the network. So if they've offered you half price line rental or cash back, then they'd be the ones responsible for it, not 3 or 02. And I can assure you that Phones 4 U are masters of fucking things like that up.

You might want to have a look on the website of the network you're interested in as well.
    thanks hun, im sure getting contracts online is cheaper, i just dont know who to shout at when it goes wrong :thumb:
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    i would never go on pay as you go, i waste too much money. and i get free phones on contract.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote:
    thanks hun, im sure getting contracts online is cheaper, i just dont know who to shout at when it goes wrong :thumb:

Get a 3 contract and when it goes tits up you can write abusive emails to me. Add a sob story and I might consider adding tonnes and tonnes of free line rental on, cause I'm soft like that :thumb:
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Get a 3 contract and when it goes tits up you can write abusive emails to me. Add a sob story and I might consider adding tonnes and tonnes of free line rental on, cause I'm soft like that :thumb:
    dear mr brian....

my cat died, and now im sad. i couldnt use my phone to ring bla bla bla...

love miss emma

;)