Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Question...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When you're drunk, do you think you're more honest or do you lie more?

Me? I am just as reticent as I am sober, haha.

Although I'm more affectionate than I should, especially when around mates. I tell them I love them and their face and smooch them lots and tell them our friendship is better than them in Babysitter Club books, hahaha.

What about you?

Comments

• Options
    I over exaggerate EVERYTHING when I am drunk, be it good or bad things.
  • Options
    I talk more, weather being more honest or not I cant usually remember.
  • Options
    You are more sincere. At least I am and everyone I know, there is just the "I won't regret anything"-mood, and the "I can't go wrong with babbling that out"-mood.

If I'm going out with a girl I like I rather not get too drunk, but it helped girls loosen their tongue a bit so I knew where I stand and sometimes something developed out of it.
  • Options
    i'm generally more honest but sometimes i'm just a bit of an idiot. :p
  • Options
    "in vino veritas" is very, very true for me.

I have dished out some dreadful home truths when I've been pie-eyed in the past, though drugs have landed me in deeper shit revelation-wise :crying: I do also have the tendency to sit people down for long chats in which I tell them I love them from the centre of the earth to the highest cloud, which is all truth but not my style when sober at all.
  • Options
    When i'm drunk i'm more affectionate but not in an over the top way, but i do the whole "your the bestest mate in the whole world ya know" thing to my mates :yeees: So yeah probably more honest.
  • Options
    I'm too honest for own good when drunk. I also talk a lot more as well. I cant text either when drunk, to the delight of one of my mates this week.
  • Options
    I've never actually been 'drunk', but after a drink or so (beer of some sort anyway) I'm much less shy.
  • Options
    I tend to be truthful most of the time anyway, but what little tact I have does tend to desert me when I'm pissed.

I tend to swear and rant more:(
  • Options
    I'm definately more honest when drunk. It's cuz it takes away your inhibitions and gives you the confidence to say what you like. I guess this could also make people more likely to lie, but for me i definately go down the honesty route.
  • Options
    i exagerrate everything
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I tend to be truthful most of the time anyway, but what little tact I have does tend to desert me when I'm pissed.

Same here.

I am usually very honest but sometimes, when I'm drunk, I end up telling people how I really feel about matters, things that I should just keep to myself. I then regret it the next day and think 'oh fuck. did I really tell them that?'

I am also much more affectionate and find it much much easier to talk about 'serious' issues. Also, if something is bugging me, it usually comes out when I'm pissed too.

I don't think I've ever lied as such when drunk but I think I've sometimes said things I don't really mean, particularly to ex boyfriends who I think I love when I'm drunk when in reality, sober, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than go out with them again.
  • Options
    Yeah, I get over affectionate too :grump:

I tend to think "Fuck it. The world would be a better place if everybody said what they feel, so I'm going to tell everybody I'm with that I love them and I'm going to text half my phonebook with the same sentiment". Especially at New Year :nervous:

Usually it's either that or I get really highly strung, like hollering "I DON'T WANT A KEBAB I WANT A CHINESE? WHAT'S SO WRONG ABOUT ME AS A PERSON THAT I CAN'T HAVE A CHINESE?" when we're in the kebab shop and there's not a Chinese nearby.

I've a horrible phoning or texting my exes telling them I miss them and stuff. Not so much now, but usually for a couple of weeks after we've split up. Feel like such a fucking loser the next day, usually cause they text the next morning telling me to grow up :thumb:
  • Options
    I just don't give a fuck what I say or do when I'm drunk.
    If I feel like doing or saying something, good or bad, I'll do or say it! Sometimes this can be good stuff like telling my mates how much they mean to me or getting in with a girl, but sometimes it can leave me in some shit like getting thrown out of a club or getting a broken nose.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Me too. I also have a tendency to do this to COMPLETE STRANGERS. When I like the look of someone and I'm drunk, they sure know about it :blush:
  • Options
    I turn even more potty mouthed then I'am when sober. And all my very little tact goes straight out the window.
  • Options
    I just talk shit and slag people, rarely do I get into a situation where I tell truths. E's are bad for it though.
  • Options
    I'm AWFUL drunk when it comes to honesty. I tell everyone exactly what I think of them. This tends to get me into trouble. Especially when I told a mate his new girlfriend was a "blood sucking leech" and she was standing right next to him. Ah well. She was.
  • Options
    I'm just louder...

Ohh and I hug people and txt them that I love them.

But that's not a lie.