Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mobile Phones

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good mobile phones around at the moment?

I need to change my contract and get a new phone.....I had that motorola razor one but it was shit. Using a crappy nokia one at the moment, it does the job fine but keeps cutting out.

So..I've never really been one to be fussed about phones but I always end up choosing a shit one that I never bother learning how to work.

Any recommendations? :love:

Comments

• Options
    Get yourself a Sony Ericsson they are by far the best mobile phones on the market. Try the K800i. 3.2 mega pixel camera, mp3 player / radio, bluetooth, upgradable memory, hell it does the works. You should try having a look on manufacturers websites at the list of current phones, or browse the carphonewarehouse website, pretty decent site.

May depend on what network you are on / contract etc on what phone you can get though.
  • Options
    Stay away from 3 network, and motorolas. The network 3 never has signal and you get calls from Bombay everyday and the motorolas all seem to have faults with there batteries.

Everything else should be fine
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Stay away from 3 network, and motorolas. The network 3 never has signal and you get calls from Bombay everyday and the motorolas all seem to have faults with there batteries.

Everything else should be fine

I've had a few Motorolas (first phone was a Motorola as is my current one) and I've never had problems with either of them at all.
  • Options
    Sony Ericsson are ok except the joysticks break.

Ignore the LG Chocolate and the Samsung E900 as the touch-sensitive buttons can be set off by the heat of your ear as you're making a call. There have been loads send back as a result.

My new phone - Samsung D900 - is fantastic. The screen is perhaps the best feature - so clear and the guy in the shop said it was the best one around.
  • Options
    Dont go with orange, there rip-off merchants and the signal is currently down and I was planning to spend the evening texting one of my mates :grump: . Motorolas are good phones but I have had problems with their batteries before.
  • Options
    i like the new samsung x830

BUT the camera is only 1.3

can someone PLEASE tell me the point of bringing out a new phone with amazing memory capacity, good looks, with a crappy camera?

surely with all the amazing cameras on phones now, you`d want your latest release to at least match them?
  • Options
    Best bet is a nokia or a sony-ericsson.
    Best network in my opinion is either vodafone or t-mobile.
  • Options
    Sony Ericsson are ok except the joysticks break.

My new phone - Samsung D900 - is fantastic. The screen is perhaps the best feature - so clear and the guy in the shop said it was the best one around.

The problem isn't so much that it [the joystick] breaks, than the fact that all the dirt and dust that gets under it fucks it over royally !

About your D900. What's the camera like ? and the Menu system ?
  • Options
    I like my little Nokia that I have at the minute, but I am a Samsung lover at heart. My cousin has the D900 and that seems nice enough.

I am NOT a motorola fan either. I borrowed my boyfriends RAZR for the day as my battery had died and :grump:. I had to be physically restrained to stop me from snapping the bastard.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I've had a few Motorolas (first phone was a Motorola as is my current one) and I've never had problems with either of them at all.
    My dad, myself, my sister and my friend all have Motorola's (my sister is on t-mobile, and my mates on orange) and all our have a battery fault.

Just fault it was abit coincidental. :chin:
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    My dad, myself, my sister and my friend all have Motorola's (my sister is on t-mobile, and my mates on orange) and all our have a battery fault.

Just fault it was abit coincidental. :chin:

It might depend on what phone/battery you have though. Admittedly, I only had my first phone for about 6 months or so. And have only had my current phone for about 10 months - am looking to get another soon though because I always drop it and keep on scraping the sides of the phone.
  • Options
    edn1 wrote:
    The problem isn't so much that it [the joystick] breaks, than the fact that all the dirt and dust that gets under it fucks it over royally !

About your D900. What's the camera like ? and the Menu system ?

Camera's not as good as the Sony ones but I have a good digital camera so not really much of an issue.

Menu system is fantastic - just like the Sony ones. Really simple to use, well laid-out but personally it was the quality of the screen that made me choose the Samsung over the Sony.
  • Options
    I'm using some crappy Sony-Eriksson at the moment, 'cos my contract phone broke down and I wasn't bothered to deal with the "helpful" T-Mobile customer service to get it exchanged for second time. My contract expires next month so I'll be looking to get my greasy palms on this:
    http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4252031
    I have been 5 years with T-mobile(former one2one), but if they keep arsing around with me I will move on.
  • Options
    http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4288156
    This one is not bad at all too...:chin:
  • Options
    Nokia's are the most reliably IMO. My mums had a 3310 since it first came out, and has never had a problem.

Its the simplest phones that last.
  • Options
    i have the n91 which has a great camera/video and the same memory as an ipod. can't fault it

n91_1.jpg
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i have the n91 which has a great camera/video and the same memory as an ipod. can't fault it

n91_1.jpg
    Cant afford it either. :(
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Nokia's are the most reliably IMO. My mums had a 3310 since it first came out, and has never had a problem.

Its the simplest phones that last.

I never had a problem with my 3310 either.

Can't you get the N91 on contract?