Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

a bad cough!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay this is a bit of a pointless thread,

but for the past two weeks iv been a little bit poorly, just had a really horrible cold/sore throat/cough, usual stuff for this time of year. my cold has gone now but my cough has remained. When I get up in the morning its so bad, and like i keep going into gigantic coughing fits and sort of wheezing, i cant get my breath and its quite scary!

Well am actually in the middle of one of these coughing fits right now (iv been out so i think the cigarette smoke and stuff has made it worse) and its horrible! i feel like i cant breathe and i have to keep taking really deep breaths and im scared!

What can i do? have a drink or something? its not making it any better! also d'ya think i need to go to the doctors to get antibiotics or something to get rid of it once and for all?

:(

Comments

• Options
    Juicy cough? Do you have mucinex there? It really helped break things up and kept the hacking to a minimum because it got rid of it...

IF its a dry cough, I find mentholated cough drops or the numbing antiseptic spray to be excelent
  • Options
    okay this is a bit of a pointless thread,

but for the past two weeks iv been a little bit poorly, just had a really horrible cold/sore throat/cough, usual stuff for this time of year. my cold has gone now but my cough has remained. When I get up in the morning its so bad, and like i keep going into gigantic coughing fits and sort of wheezing, i cant get my breath and its quite scary!

Well am actually in the middle of one of these coughing fits right now (iv been out so i think the cigarette smoke and stuff has made it worse) and its horrible! i feel like i cant breathe and i have to keep taking really deep breaths and im scared!

What can i do? have a drink or something? its not making it any better! also d'ya think i need to go to the doctors to get antibiotics or something to get rid of it once and for all?

:(
    yes go to the doctors and they will listen to your chest, I'ce recently had the sme thing. Got some antibiotics and it shifted it really quickly. Make sure you take the whole course so it doesn't come back.
  • Options
    If it's been going on and you're having problems catching your breath then go to the doctors.

In the mean time small sips of water may help slow the coughing fits.
  • Options
    Sounds exactly like what i had recently and went to the docs and was told i had bronchitis and got some antibibotics.
    Took a while longer for it to completely go but they tablets helped alot.
  • Options
    Go to the Dr's is the best thing today if your having coughing fits.