Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pregnant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was just wondering if i could be pregnant as i had unprotected sex a few months ago but ive had a period since but then no more and im quite worried. sorry if this sounds a stupid question but im just scared.

Comments

• Options
    sounds unlikely as you've had a period, but if you're really that worried then you should take a test.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    sounds unlikely as you've had a period, but if you're really that worried then you should take a test.
    I know a girl who continued to have periods and didn't realise she was pregnant till she was 6/7 month gone, so it can happen.
  • Options
    you can have periods when your pregnant, you should deffinatly take a test if youre worried
  • Options
    It's unlikely but possible. The period you did have could've been implantation bleeding or the spotting that some women do experience early on in pregnancy, not that I'm trying to scare you because I'm pretty sure you'd be starting to notice other symptoms etc now (especially if you're looking out for them!).

Best to err on the side of caution and do a home pregnancy test :)
  • Options
    I know a girl who continued to have periods and didn't realise she was pregnant till she was 6/7 month gone, so it can happen.
    Yes, yes, and we've all heard about that happening on eastenders too. Still, it's unlikely.
  • Options
    if i was you id just do a test to put your mind at rest cus like people have said you can continue to have periods even though u are pregnant
  • Options
    Medically speaking, if you miss a period you are considered pregnant until proven otherwise. So you should definitely do an HPT (home pregnancy test) or go to your doctor - this might be a better option anyway because number one, it's free, and number two, if you haven't had your period for several months you should really check out why not, whether that's because of pregnancy or another reason.
  • Options
    wildchild wrote:
    Medically speaking, if you miss a period you are considered pregnant until proven otherwise. .
    eh?
    I think they only consider you pregnant when youve had a positive HPT in my experience or theyve actually confirmed pregnancy some other way.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your advice
    briggi wrote:
    I'm pretty sure you'd be starting to notice other symptoms etc now (especially if you're looking out for them!).

Yeah was looking for other symptoms but not really sure what im looking for-have been feeling sick alot latly but that could just me being paranoid.
  • Options
    Did you take a pregnancy test? Best of luck with whatever happens :).
  • Options
    You should take a test, my sister in law, whos on the pill, has just found out shes 5 months pregnant, despite 2 pregnancy tests at the doctors coming back negative, and having a period each month...only found out when she had an x ray to see what was wrong with her...how scarys that!! eek.
  • Options
    eh?
    I think they only consider you pregnant when youve had a positive HPT in my experience or theyve actually confirmed pregnancy some other way.

Phrased that badly, sorry... what I mean is, if you've missed a period the first thing they will check for is pregnancy - they will assume you are pregnant until they've tested to prove otherwise. Then they will look at other causes ie. stress, overactive thyroid, PCOS.
  • Options
    yeah best thing to do is just to take the pregnancy test. and hope for the best lol
  • Options
    I bled all the way through my prgnancy!
    its the worst as u feel shit as it is most of the time!
    xXx