Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who's looking forward to Star Wars and Die Hard this Christmas.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
My mind has gone blank, anymore films that are put on every year?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    When's Star Wars ever on? Films that are always on over Christmas? Independence Day, The Sound Of Music, The Wizard Of Oz, Singing In The Rain, Gone With The Wind, The Great Escape (a popular myth - it's never on at Christmas), Beverly Hills Cop (I think), Homeward Bound, Wallace And Gromit, Beethoven, Gremlins, Short Circuit (1 and 2), Batteries Not Included......that's all I can think of right now
  • Options
    When's Star Wars ever on? Films that are always on over Christmas? Independence Day, The Sound Of Music, The Wizard Of Oz, Singing In The Rain, Gone With The Wind, The Great Escape (a popular myth - it's never on at Christmas), Beverly Hills Cop (I think), Homeward Bound, Wallace And Gromit, Beethoven, Gremlins, Short Circuit (1 and 2), Batteries Not Included......that's all I can think of right now
    Star wars is on usually every year. (The old versions)
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Star Wars hasn't been on at Christmas for years. At least since they released the special edition ones at the cinema in 97. Maybe they've started reshowing them again though to remind everyone that it used to be a great film series.
  • Options
    Chicken Run and Harry Potter have been put on over the last few years.... I think. :chin:
  • Options
    I know The great escape is shown every christmas whether it is eve, day or boxing day it is shown, because i have watched it loads of times then.

Casablanca is usually shown at Christmas, though i dont think it will be this year.
  • Options
    Jingle All The Way. :D What an awful film. I went to watch that at the cinema as a Christmas treat for doing a paper round!! :eek2: That must be ages ago now.
  • Options
    Jingle All The Way. :D What an awful film. I went to watch that at the cinema as a Christmas treat for doing a paper round!! :eek2: That must be ages ago now.
    I love that film. TBH I love all xmas films. lol
  • Options
    the snowman and father christmas :) also mary poppins and hopefully a load of disney cartoons
  • Options
    Star Wars are the best set of films ever made, but I don't think I'll bother watching them at Xmas cos I have every Star Wars film on DVD anyway :D.

Yeah Die Hard is ALWAYS on every year...
  • Options
    Either of the first 2 Die Hard's can be on, the 3rd one is not set at xmas though so it can go bugger itself.

GO Casablanca..."play it again, Sam!"
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    I can't believe nobody's mentioned James Bond or Scrooge.
  • Options
    Tallagada nights in a few days :thumb:

And the new Rocky movie :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Tallagada nights in a few days :thumb:

We dont have these films shown at xmas.

But there is a xmas special on hope and faith. Is that popular in the states?
  • Options
    Muppets Christmas Carol
  • Options
    Muppets Christmas Carol

Love it! :thumb::thumb:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

Oh god, I'm going to be subjected to that the minute it gets over here. :crying:
  • Options
    Ooo, my favourite christmas film is Miracle on 34th Street :D
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote:
    Oh god, I'm going to be subjected to that the minute it gets over here. :crying:

Oh I'm so sorry :( *pets* The first time I saw the preview I was positive it was a joke...
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to die hard 3 if its on
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote:
    Casablanca is usually shown at Christmas, though i dont think it will be this year.

If I remember rightly it's on tomorrow afternoon on C5. Just before the best annual film event - Oliver! :D

Home Alone, Home Alone II and [unfortunately] Home Alone III with the very inferior bowl cut boy will be gracing our screens I'm pretty sure. I am also awaiting Santa Claus - The Movie with great anticipation, like every other year, Christmas isn't Christmas until Dudley Moore has bastardised all Santa's hard work for a quick buck :razz: