Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is there anyone here that actually dont like watching football?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
lol as the title says. I'm not a great fan of watching football (although I will watch major international comps). I just wondered if I am the only one?

I do expect this thread to be filled up with mostly women. :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Me :) Can't stand the game. Not saying it's a bad thing, but just not for me.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Me :) Can't stand the game. Not saying it's a bad thing, but just not for me.
    Well after that time you said you have a blond wig and padded bra, I think we will put you in the women's category. lol j/k :D

I will expect us to be slaughtered. lol
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    I love football, It's all a matter of opinion. I myself can't stand cricket, others will diagree...
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    lol as the title says. I'm not a great fan of watching football (although I will watch major international comps). I just wondered if I am the only one?

gayer
  • Options
    It's the beautiful game.

I know alot of people (usually rugby heads) who don't like it, or think it's boring. I think they just need to get over the fact that it's not a rugby-like sport where you can expect over ten scores in a game. If you can learn to appreciate the technical side, and the skill involved, then you'd enjoy watching it more. Nil - Nils are rarely fun, but when someone does actually score it means so much as you know it's not going to be a case of scoring 10 or 11 more. Near misses, bad misses, crunching challenges, dazzling skills, controversy - all makes for really good entertainment.
  • Options
    Don't think I could go without playing or watching tbh! Great game.
  • Options
    my boyfriend doesnt like watching football, nor have any of my exes actually
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    gayer
    Whats gayer?
  • Options
    I'm not a fan, I prefer Rugby
  • Options
    Rugby league is much more fun to play, but football is the best to watch. It's just a shame the game is being polluted by diving tossers like Ronaldo, Rooney and Cashley.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Rugby league is much more fun to play, but football is the best to watch. It's just a shame the game is being polluted by diving tossers like Ronaldo, Rooney and Cashley.
    The reason I stopped watching is because how easy some fall or dive. In rugby if you fall on the floor its because you have been taken down hard rather than dive.
  • Options
    I prefer playing rugby, but I dont think I could anymore, the size differential is too big. The average player is twice the size of me.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Just enjoy it for what it is, stop moaning.
  • Options
    When I played rugby I came across just as many cheats and undesirable characters as in football.

If there's a way of cheating, people will exploit it, regardless of the sport.
  • Options
    There's cheating in every sport, but football seems to be rife with it at the minute, and not just the Premier League.

It's not being whingey to say that football is being polluted by diving cunts like Ronaldo. It's a shame that contact has been banned from football, diving has got worse because you benefit from acting like a pussy now. Roll around like Ronaldo or Drogba 20 years ago and you'd have been laughed at.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    There's cheating in every sport, but football seems to be rife with it at the minute, and not just the Premier League.

It's not being whingey to say that football is being polluted by diving cunts like Ronaldo. It's a shame that contact has been banned from football, diving has got worse because you benefit from acting like a pussy now. Roll around like Ronaldo or Drogba 20 years ago and you'd have been laughed at.

Ronaldo's solitary dive in almost 5 months of football doesn't ruin the game for me. It would take alot more than that. Time wasting and the increasing tendency towards negative football are alot more threatening to the game's credibility in my eyes.

Funny, how you and other ABUs seem to want Ronaldo banned from the game. Ronaldo's one of the main reasons football's so worth watching - probably one of the most exciting players of the last 10 years. I know I'd turn on my TV to watch him, whether I was a United fan or not. But then again, I enjoy seeing him do well, I suppose it's not the same for ABUs.
  • Options
    If I wanted to watch people rolling around on the floor I'd watch gymnastics.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Don't gymnasts actually have to stay on there feet? ;)

It would be wrestling you would be watching.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

But in 1000's of minutes of beautiful Ronaldo football you get one moment where you suspect he took a dive. It's hardly something that would ruin my enjoyment anyway.

I suppose that's the typical British outlook on things shining through though. Always obsess over the negatives. What a shame.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    But in 1000's of minutes of beautiful Ronaldo football you get one moment where you suspect he took a dive. It's hardly something that would ruin my enjoyment anyway.

I suppose that's the typical British outlook on things shining through though. Always obsess over the negatives. What a shame.

nah there would be no complaints if he wasnt at manu
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Rubberskin wrote:
    Me

'nuff said :p
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    nah there would be no complaints if he wasnt at manu

If he was playing for my team I'd turn a blind eye to it, in the same way the Man Utd fans do.

In fact that should be his punishment- he should have to play the rest of the season for us for £50 a week!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    In fact that should be his punishment- he should have to play the rest of the season for us for £50 a week!

Would you really want a 'diving cunt' playing for your team?
  • Options
    I'd rather not, but I'd rather he played for City then the red evils ;)

he's a very skillful player, nobody can doubt that, and if he just cuts the cheating out of his game he could become a legend.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Would you really want a 'diving cunt' playing for your team?

Course he would. The same way any other person with half a brain would take Ronaldo at their club.

I agree with Kermit's sentiments though - if he cuts the diving out, he can be a great. In the mean time other players are going to get the respect and admiration of the fans. It's all in his own hands really.
  • Options
    I've played Football and Rugby and as far as playing goes, I do prefer playing Rugby. I've played for several Rugby clubs, whereas I only play football for a laugh with my mates but I enjoy both.
    As for watching, I don't really bother with Rugby matches unless they are international (IRELAND!!!!) while I find I can watch most Football games.
    I do hate how many Footballers (and some Rugby players now) are complete fucking pricks though.
    Don't watch or play sport anywhere near as much as I used to though, only bother with Leeds and a few Bayern Munich games and any Ireland international rugby matches.