Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is your scariest movie on the list?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Do you love watching scary movies, I found a list of the scariest movies ever made. I wish the movie Gremlins not to be a part of it well it's not that scary.

see the list here : Scariest movie ever
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Exorcist at No.1. Certainly agree with that. That film is scary as fuck. Though personally I would put the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in there somewhere.
  • Options
    Exorcist at No.1. Certainly agree with that. That film is scary as fuck. Though personally I would put the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in there somewhere.

you serious? exorcist is bollocks, i could understand it being scary back in the 70s, but to look at it on its re-release in the 90s, it was nothing to be scared of.

I agree TCM should be in there, deffo more unnerving than the exorcist.

i think The Wicker man was probably the film that freaked me out the most the first time i saw it, or maybe Last House on The Left, that got me a bit as well....

theres probably hundreds more.

i love my horror.
  • Options
    Finally a list that has Rosemary's Baby up at the top end. It's scary and a fucking excellent film, it's definitely true that the power of suggestion is more unnerving than seeing blood and gore all over the screen. Also, the idea of getting knocked up by the devil is, in itself, pretty terrifying :p

The Wicker Man is a good call, it is so intensely weird and has that classic horror film appeal when you begin to realise what's going to happen and are shouting at the telly for him to get the fuck outta there (or maybe that's just me).

The film that has scared me the most of all though is The Hitcher. It is unapologetically violent and scary, and made much worse (for my sensibilities) by the fact that you could so easily be very naive and pick up a hitch-hiking psychopath. Felt very conflicted by my love for Rutger Hauer and my utter fear and dread of the hitcher. Argh! Oh, and I was scarred for life by the way the girlfriend meets her maker though, had to watch it from behind the sofa :( Apparently they're remaking it at the moment which I am pretty unimpressed about, though Sean Bean will probably do psychopathic hitcher quite well!
  • Options
    I have never seen the exoxist, tbh I dont plan on seeing it either.

I cant see why jaws is at 5 or on the list. The same with gremlims.
  • Options
    The Grudge and the Sixth Sense, both on there. They scared the shit out of me, and I would say they should be higher in the list, but I haven't seen any of the others so I can't compare.

Except for Jaws. I watched that with my dad when I was little and I wasn't scared. I'm surprised it was even mentioned, let alone number 5.... meh.
  • Options
    I'm not sure why Sixth Sense is on there...fantastic film but not that scary imo! Although i do think Saw is quite scary, but isn't there
  • Options
    I'm not sure why Sixth Sense is on there...fantastic film but not that scary imo! Although i do think Saw is quite scary, but isn't there
    It scared the shit out of me when I first saw it. :blush:
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    It scared the shit out of me when I first saw it. :blush:
    And me!!! And I only watched it a couple of months ago, so I can't really blame my age either :no:
  • Options
    Psycho should've been number 1. Oh well if it's not the scariest film on the list, it's the best by a mile. I still maintain that Halloween is the most overrated film in history. And I can't believe none of the "Of The Dead" films are on there.
  • Options
    the exorcist wasnt scary when i watched it it made me laugh..there again i suppose it was scary in its day
  • Options
    Wasn't the original exorcist scarier?

I'm not sure if "The Ring" was posted, I didn't see it, but the original Japanese version I watched made the English one look like a kids film. IMO
  • Options
    where is IT? i thought that was scary!

actually my scariest is 'the descent'. that film left me shaking!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    actually my scariest is 'the descent'. that film left me shaking!

I didnt find it scary...just weird as fuck !! :eek2:
  • Options
    the omen? purlease....i`m a shit bag and that didn't scare me in the slightest!

i dont think the sixth sense is scary either, i found it quite nice!

the ring scared the crap outta me though, BUT the ring 2 didn't, weird
  • Options
    I think the whole way that Blair witch was set out is what creeped me out.
  • Options
    Phoenix_ wrote:
    I didnt find it scary...just weird as fuck !! :eek2:

:yes: It made me jump, but it was so bizarre i just couldn't find it scary! :lol: