Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
can you take the next pack straight after the one your currently on with out takin a break so that you dont get a period? because i should be gettin my period over christmas but i was wonderin if i could keep takin the pill n not have a break

Comments

• Options
    luvmeright wrote:
    can you take the next pack straight after the one your currently on with out takin a break so that you dont get a period? because i should be gettin my period over christmas but i was wonderin if i could keep takin the pill n not have a break
    Im sure if you searched, there would be a ton of answers. This question gets asked alot, either search under sex or health section.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Im sure if you searched, there would be a ton of answers. This question gets asked alot, either search under sex or health section.
    its also in the leaflet

but in answer to her question.....yes you can
  • Options
    Its safe to do that, if you're on the combined pill you start taking the next pack the day after your last one finished, leaving no gap at all. You may get a small period still, or you may not, it really depends. Lots of women do it to avoid periods when they're on holiday etc, so no worries :)
  • Options
    cool thanks people i would of looked for an answer properly but i was in a rush
  • Options
    Yes. Just don't take the last pill of the first pack wrong, or infact any wrong if possible. Last time I did that I had a period for a month. Was on holiday as well, and it spoilt my day as I could hardly walk with cramps. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    :D
    sorry everyone, know this is an old thread but i was soooo happy when i found this, i was about to ask the same question!!!

did some calculations and i'll be on when i'm seeing my bf over xmas, thats not good news, when its already been months without sex!!!

if i start my new pack tomorrow, ill have my period earlier and no problems.

just to confirm, today ive taken the last pill in my pack, tomorrow i can start the next pack straight away without a seven day break??
  • Options
    yep.

why do people not keep the instructions, for crying out loud??:p
  • Options
    It wasn't on there!!
    t least i dont think it was, maybe i just didnt look hard enough!
  • Options
    Yes you can back pill packs up, but you should not do it as a regular thing or it fucks your hormones and your cycle.