Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dress code: Lounge Suit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Wtf? :eek2:

The story is, I've been invited to a reception with the Blairs next Tuesday* but I only got the invite yesterday evening when I got in from College and I have no idea what to wear! I don't really have time to go shopping and I don't have a suit. I do have a long, black skirt and a smart top, how's that?

Heeeellllpppp

*sorry there's no way for that to not sound pretentious!

Comments

• Options
    Something informal, long black skirt and a top. Sounds right.

So looking forward to meeting the Blairs. lol :D
  • Options
    when the dress code is lounge suit, it generally means semi-formal. i'd wear a business suit, with shirt and tie, rather than a formal dinner suit.

so i guess a skirt with a smart top/shirt would be fine for you, with a matching jacket if you have one.
  • Options
    You can wear what you like, within reason.

I met them two years ago when my ex worked for the LP up here and they had their Xmas party in Downing Street. I personally was trussed up like a spring chicken but some of the blokes had jeans on (!) and there was a huge variation in the women's outfits from trouser suits to evening dress and a lot of black trousers with dressy tops. Since they've given a dress code, I'd say as long as you look smart and "put together" you will get away without actually having a suit as such.

A long black skirt and a smart top sounds perfect, have fun (and I hope TB isn't as orange as he was when I met him, it was like Oompa Loompa dress code ;))
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Good, otherwise I'd have to find time to go shopping. Time is something I do not have. Sigh.
  • Options
    I agree, black skirt and nice top sounds just fine. Have fun!
  • Options
    Kick the bastard in the balls - tell him that's from me and "Happy Christmas".
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I agree, black skirt and nice top sounds just fine. Have fun!

I agree ... :)