Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Kittens and Christmas trees

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's the best thing to use to deter my daughters of Satan from wrecking the tree this year ? Some one suggested orange peel and oranges with cloves in them hanging from the lower branches.

Comments

• Options
    I concur, something that smells like something they don't like will do the trick. but so will bear traps.
  • Options
    a bulldog tied to the tree stump

edited: actually i dont think cats ever learn, one of mine attacked the tree last year and he's such a heffer he knocked it over.An 8ft Norwegian Spruce.
  • Options
    Don't deter them - coming into my lounge to find my terrified kitten stuck half way up the tree as it topples over was one of my favourite parts of Christmas :D Source of endless amusement.
  • Options
    Could you attatch string to your kittens and then use them as decorations? :)
  • Options
    get one of them little bottles that u can squirt water from then every time they go near the tree squirt them my mum did this keep the cat away from the bird cage and after a couple of days it worked
  • Options
    LucieLu wrote:
    Don't deter them - coming into my lounge to find my terrified kitten stuck half way up the tree as it topples over was one of my favourite parts of Christmas :D Source of endless amusement.

Mine did that when she was little. We have a photo of her up the tree as a baby. Just spray them with water as suggested and it might deter them
  • Options
    Hang them from the tree
  • Options
    I live close to Longleat and you can buy bags of lion and tiger poo from them to keep the cats off your garden. Perhaps you could acquire some and dig it into your xmas tree base. I'm sure it would smell lovely :D