Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

T9 predictive text...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have you tried using the predictive text feature on your cellphone?

I didn't have an idea that it's much easier than the standard way of texting.

I found a quick tutorial for it.... www.t9.com/learn

Comments

• Options
    I use it all the time, it's much easier and quicker, unless you have to spell the word every now and then because it doesn't recognise it.
  • Options
    O i hate it, it takes too long to teach your phone how to text,

Im faster with out it:)
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    O i hate it, it takes too long to teach your phone how to text,

Im faster with out it:)

I used to be fast without too but then i just got lazy and prefer to use T9 now. I'd give you a race if i could to see who was fastest but i don't think that is possible, i'd win anyway :p
  • Options
    it's weird using it without it now
  • Options
    I cant use it at all, Im a fast texter anyway :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Once you get used to it, it makes things a lot easier.
  • Options
    I used to use it.

I've got a full qwerty keyboard on my phone now though :-). I type faster than the letters appear on the screen :p
  • Options
    How strange. Every once in a while some one seems to end up posting this exact thread with the same link ... Hmph

T9 is shit, yes it is. Turn it off and type like blazes when texting. People always look at me funny and ask why i'm not looking at the phone as i text.
  • Options
    Ha, okay ill give you a race but you have to use a phone that you dont have your T9 programed with:lol:
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I have used T9 but im faster without it. If you only get 160 characters then in alot of cases you may need to shorted your words anyway.
  • Options
    i use it. find it much easier than not using it.

it used to be a bit of a pain on my samsung because even when i entered a new word into the dictionary, it would never recognise it again.
  • Options
    edn1 wrote:
    How strange. Every once in a while some one seems to end up posting this exact thread with the same link ... Hmph

T9 is shit, yes it is. Turn it off and type like blazes when texting. People always look at me funny and ask why i'm not looking at the phone as i text.

I didn't need to look at the phone with t9 on :p it just works faster... simply.
  • Options
    when i first had a one back in the days of the 3310 i use to use it all the time but now i find it easier to not use it
  • Options
    I prfr 2 use rl wrds whn i txt nd i use prdctve txt bcos it splls out th hol wrds 4 me
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I prfr 2 use rl wrds whn i txt nd i use prdctve txt bcos it splls out th hol wrds 4 me

haha i text like that, not all the those words you used
  • Options
    Bah. Predictive text is old news. My phone predicts the next word. It's great.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:

same here! but i normally forget and carry on writing when i could just press whatever it is you press to insert the predicted word.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:

Mine sends the message before I even think about it :razz:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Mine sends the message before I even think about it :razz:

haha! , i want one!

Im much faster without it , i can text without looking and i usually get the "OH MY GOD HAVE U SEEN HIM TEXT?!?!" *large crowd is summoned*

=].

i usually text without looking in lessons , stops me from getting caught
  • Options
    I didn't need to look at the phone with t9 on :p it just works faster... simply.

hah ! tell that to my last phone that would spell random words instead of the ones i actually wanted ! :p

Sending text messages full of gibberish could have made me look stupid ! :razz: ah sod it i'm daft anyway what would have been the difference :D
  • Options
    edn1 wrote:
    hah ! tell that to my last phone that would spell random words instead of the ones i actually wanted ! :p

Sending text messages full of gibberish could have made me look stupid ! :razz: ah sod it i'm daft anyway what would have been the difference :D

You just have to know what order your word comes in the list. For example, Im (I can't spell apostrophe, therefore I do not use them... in texts) is 46right (go is the first option) home is 4663right (good is first) pee is 733right right right. (see, red pdf, then pee)

I'm just got a new phone though and the order is all different and it gets on my nerves. (i'm a drivers nightmare :p )

I'd much rather do that then say 44666right633.
  • Options
    I just dial the number and speak to the person....
  • Options
    Talking on the phone makes me nervous. I hate the way that you can't see someone's facial reaction and so you don't know how they're really feeling. I know that texting doesn't allow for a visual response either but at least it saves me from saying stupid things!

Anyhoo, is it just me who immediately thought that the original post was a spammer trying to promote a website? T9's been around for ages; I wouldn't have thought that you could buy a phone without it these days.
  • Options
    One thing about t9, if you hit loads of random keys it can come up with words like aboausdfbnwjaeljkasdf and it will just keep expanding. Bizarre...
  • Options

Speaking while driving without a hands free headset is illegeal in several towns I drive thru to get to work or the gym or wherever and I have lost my ear piece.

I like texting. I'll call when needed but just to say Hi or to warn someone to thinka bout what they want for dinner while I"m on my way home... both have their purposes. You don't alway need to speak to the person, but also, on the other side, sometimes you do.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Speaking while driving without a hands free headset is illegeal in several towns I drive thru to get to work or the gym or wherever and I have lost my ear piece.

.. and txting while driving isn't? It is over here...
    I like texting. I'll call when needed but just to say Hi or to warn someone to thinka bout what they want for dinner while I"m on my way home... both have their purposes. You don't alway need to speak to the person, but also, on the other side, sometimes you do.

TBH Honest I use it occasionally for those short message like "on my way", but I much prefer the sound of someone's voice. besides I can have a longer conversation in a shorter timeframe.