Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

picture from a video

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How can i take a picture from a video clip and have it saved as a jpeg?

I have a video on my desktop which is a "VOB" file.

I'd like to take a few photos from the clip, but if i pause it and take a screenshot, then past it into a paint file, it just comes up as a blank box.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I used to have some software on my old PC that did the job but cant find it now.
    Tried searching Google?
  • Options
  • Options
    I just searched google and while i couldnt find much, there was something about movie maker where you can take a snapshot.

This would be fine, but apparantly the video type is not supported by movie maker
  • Options
    Nash wrote:

Thanks, but i cant download anything as i have no antivirus at the moment and my memory is almost full
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Thanks, but i cant download anything as i have no antivirus at the moment and my memory is almost full

You won't be able to do it without downloading a program, believe me.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:

No need to download anything.

If you temporarily turn off video acceleration then you can just do the usual "Prt Scr", paste into Paint and crop. Turning off VA depends on which media player you use. For example, in Media Player it's Options > Performace > Video Acceleration down to "non". Restart the player and the clip and you can do a screen grab. Easy :)
  • Options
    download VLC, it's a very decent media/dvd player anyway so I'd recommend you get it.

Then just take a snapshot :)
  • Options
    Windows media player > options >video > advanced > untick 'overlays'

Screenshots away!