Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

msnimport.exe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all i downloaded a patch for msn and now all i keep getting is a msg every few minutes saying register ... its sooo annoying ive googled and not not found any solutions on getting rid of it totally.
could any one help me please
thanks

Comments

• Options
    sweet_gal wrote:
    i downloaded a patch for msn

Remove it then?
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    Remove it then?
    i think that what she`s asking for help on....
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Just Google it to say the amount of shit it causes. Good luck!
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    I found this solution after a search. It seems to point towards the right things to do (although I've not tested it myself).
    ...but i have found a way to delete it without using safe mode. Once you have just started your computer try hurrying and looking for the files "Msn Import","msnlogsm" and "msnlogs" and delete them all before they have popped up,these files can be found by going to "My computer","Local Disk C/:" and Then click Windows and scroll down and these files will be located close to the bottom.It's very annoying when you try and end process when the file is still running because the file will keep popping up in task manager(ctrl+atl+del) so try this,i hope it works for you as it did for me!
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    i think that what she`s asking for help on....

Sorry, its this flu i got - I'm feeling really crap and dead
  • Options
    hey all ive tryed that and lil msg still comes up sayin please register its sooo anoying.. do u think its time 2 re install windows :(:(:(:(
  • Options
    Erm, well i wouldnt say "format because i cant get rid of a small program" Have you tryed System restore?

If that dont work, i supouse Formatting would be an option
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    CoolMe wrote:
    i supouse Formatting would be an option

Is your solution to every thing a format, that should be the last thing you think of.

Possibly uninstall Messenger Inc patches + addons, then re-install the program.

Where did you get the patch from?
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    Sorry, its this flu i got - I'm feeling really crap and dead

Not thinking straight sorry. And yeah you could try removing msn
  • Options
    hijack this could do it :thumb:
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Maybe there should be a sticky in the net & tech section about where to download HijackThis and how to post a log.

This way troubleshooting Malware/Spyware problems is so much easier, its the best way to tackle someone else's problem online
  • Options
    Having had a look around, could you do me a favour? Search your system for (start > search > all files and folders > "msnappm.exe" and "msnimport.exe". Note down the directories and locations of them if they're there. I suspect C:\Windows. Then you may just be able to restart in safe mode and delete said items.

----

1. Download ewido anti spyware, (now avg?) aw-aware, spybot etc. (all free programs)

2. Restart computer. When it's booting up (when it is saying HDD...OK and things, called the POST screen)

ASUS-A7N8X-BIOS-Post.jpg

Press F8 a lot. Then it will come up with a menu. What you want to do is 'start windows in safe mode'

Allow windows to load.

Run said spyware programs, they should be able to clear up most stuff.

Reboot. Is the problem still there?

3. Make sure you've downloaded all the critical windows security updates. You can do this by going to start > all programs > windows update (it's at the top). Install 'recommended updates'.

4.Download and install HijackThis from here - make sure you install it to c:\HJT or some similar directory.

5. Run HijackThis, click on the scan button, click on save log as .txt file.

Then post it up here :-). Or alternatively, http://www.techsupportforum.com/security-center/hijackthis-log-help/
  • Options
    Jesus, that must of taken abit of time to post
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit