Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hard drives. Grr.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I want two hard drives in RAID0. That's not that difficult is it? But the problem is: I tried to buy two T7K250 hitatchis as they are supposedly quite fast. Out of stock.

So then I bought two T7K500 Hitatchis as they are the same drive, just updated a year later. One was faulty, sent it back. I got it back, again - one was faulty. Sent it back, now they're waiting for more from the supplier.

I'm tempted to just buy two new ones from somewhere else now! Then get a refund for the T7K500. It shouldn't be this much hard work should it???

for an idea of time-scale: Ordered the bits originally I think around 30/10...

Comments

• Options
    Jesus, i would think about getting them from someone different and a different make, 2/3 faulty!
  • Options
    One of the hard drives is in my computer. Originally was going to get them from scan but they were out of stock... so went to ebuyer. Replaced a faulty (DOA) one with one that had a s.m.a.r.t error. They don't have any left to replace it with hehe.

Just considering my options now. Since assembling my computer, it has come to my attention RAID0 is better for benchmarking and not necessarily for 'real world' performance...
  • Options
    Seagate Barracuda's - quiet and reliable, apparantly.
  • Options
    Just a small side point that the two drives don't have to be completely identical.