Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Drag/lesbian/poly bars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anybody remember how I have been out in drag a few times?

MoonRat in drag ;)

Well I'm really curious about going to some drag clubs, seeing what they're like and if I suit that kind of thing.

I'd also like some advice for where is a good lesbian bar, or even better a 'poly' type place (as I don't see my own sexuality of any fixed orientation)... Anywhere that isn't sleazy or chavvy.

Ta.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Was that goatee drawn on?
  • Options
    I don't know about Surrey, but up here. The Fox is mainly lesbian, Missing is a cabaret bar and you get a fair ammount of guys (not so many girls) in drag. The Village has just been took over by a drag queen. As for clubs, i'd say the most poly club we have here is The Nightingale. I'm off to SUbway meself tonight :)

I 'think' there are some strictly women only bars in London. Kandy Bar springs to mind
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    I don't know about Surrey, but up here. The Fox is mainly lesbian, Missing is a cabaret bar and you get a fair ammount of guys (not so many girls) in drag. The Village has just been took over by a drag queen. As for clubs, i'd say the most poly club we have here is The Nightingale. I'm off to SUbway meself tonight :)

I 'think' there are some strictly women only bars in London. Kandy Bar springs to mind
    Yeah, heard Kandy Bar is shit tho.
  • Options
    We have a pub/club called Pink Punters. It's a Gay, Lesbian, Bi and Transgender venue. I've not been yet, but my sister (who's straight) goes there regularly and apparently it kicks arse.
  • Options
    In Belfast there's a place called the Kremlin and I suppose that's for all your gay people, it's got a licence to stay open late because they get attacked all the time leaving. :eek2:
  • Options
    what's poly?
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    what's poly?
    Polysexual. It's kind of a term used by people whodon't want to identify as bi or gay.
  • Options
    Polysexual. It's kind of a term used by people whodon't want to identify as bi or gay.
    I see. I go to a dance club called Polysexual and I've never given it a 2nd thought as to what the name means.
  • Options
  • Options
    In a 'clubbing' sense, a poly club is open and friendly to anyone of any gender or sexuality. I think that was the premis with Polysexual.
  • Options
    Yeah, heard Kandy Bar is shit tho.
    Hate the Candy Bar with a passion. But I guess I've told you that...

Apparently Southopia is good, though I've never been. It's the Glass Bar's sister bar. Some of the nights at the Oak Bar in Green Lanes (Stoke Newington) also have a good rep and Mondays at Ghetto are pretty good.

Have a look at http://www.gingerbeer.co.uk/