Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

United sign Larsson on loan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Comments

• Options
    Sweet - another brilliant transfer coup from Fergie even if it's only on short-term. Should alleviate some pressure on Saha and Rooney. Can't wait to see him in a red shirt.
  • Options
    It gives Smith and Ole chance to get fit, hes getting on a bit but hes still a good player, bit like Teddy.
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    It gives Smith and Ole chance to get fit, hes getting on a bit but hes still a good player, bit like Teddy.

He's a legend and I'm sure he'll do a job, it can only be a good thing. He's still got it - remember how he almost single-handedly beat Arsenal in the Champions League final. I'm surprised Barcelona weren't back in for him given their current striker crisis, but perhaps he wanted to test himself in England.
  • Options
    He turned the game for me in that final.
  • Options
    godscop wrote:

like teddy but twice as good :D

larrsson is quality ! (old but quality ;p)
  • Options
    I'll be far happier seeing Larsson coming off the bench rather than that cunt Richardson even if it only is for 3 months.

I wonder how much money uncle malc is willing to part with in summer as we're obviously not signing anyone in January now.
  • Options
    Good signing that.

Bollocks.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Good signing that.

Bollocks.

I think its a sensible signing, we're desperately short of cover.
  • Options
    They should buy Torres, but oh no they can't afford...
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    They should buy Torres, but oh no they can't afford...

Wouldn't happen in January anyway, but your right Glazers fucked us.
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    I think its a sensible signing, we're desperately short of cover.

It is, which annoys me immensely.

Man Utd couldn't afford Torres even without Glazer.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It is, which annoys me immensely.

Man Utd couldn't afford Torres even without Glazer.

The prices being touted are ridiculous anyway. £25m? That's only a few less than Rooney, who is a much more accomplished player at a younger age.

Apparently Silvestre wants a transfer to La Liga - maybe we can use him as bait to get the fee down. Silvestre doesn't have a hope of getting near the first team now we have the 2 best left backs in the league. :yes:

I still want a recognised battling midfielder in the squad before a striker though.

It's difficult to predict what Fergie will do.
  • Options
    I think Torres would be Immense for United, he would suit them well. And 25M+ is spot on for a player of his calibre considering his age.
  • Options
    I would be very happy if they signed Torres, however its not going to happen the cash isn't there.
  • Options
    I'm not convinced about him myself. Larsson is quality though and it'll be nice to see him in a United shirt next year.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    I think Torres would be Immense for United, he would suit them well. And 25M+ is spot on for a player of his calibre considering his age.

That's not spot-on, it's robbery. Torres still has alot to prove.
  • Options
    That's a fantastic signing.

Sounds like Fergie might have a striker in mind for the summer, but as stop-gaps go they don't come much better.

If the league stays as close it is, he might even make the difference.

There's also plenty of scope for Rooney and Ronaldo to take a few tips from him about how to conduct yourself on the pitch, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.
  • Options
    Good thing about Larsson is that he's versatile as well. Although he's obviously best suited as a striker he can do a job on the right and left flanks as well. At post-RvN United it's become important that the attacking players can all inter-change and play eachother's positions throughout the match. Makes man-marking for the opposition an absolute nightmare.