Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Virtual Drive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is the best current freeware Virtual Driver software around ?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Daemon Tools
  • Options
    Daemon tools :)
  • Options
    Daeomon tools here :D
  • Options
    Ook so this isnt quite what or how i thought it was. I had a virtual drive set up in the past on the old pc but not done by myself.

I've got Daemon Tools. How exactly does this work. I want to be able to run a game from the virtual drive so i can give the game itself to a member of the family to play on their own pc. I'm a bit stumped though ... ?
  • Options
    You would have to make an image of the game and then Run the ISO from Daemon Tools and it would run. Then you would sometimes need a NO-CD crack from somewhere like GameCopyWorld that you would paste into the diirectory of your game.

I believe PowerISO or something similar would be a good choice for making an image.
  • Options
    If you PM me, I'll send you the code for Alcohol to upgrade it to 120% which is better than DT in my opinion.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Daemon Tools is actually far better than Alcohol. Well, for what I use it for anyway (aka piracyness).
  • Options
    I'll tell you what the Daemon tools software fucked my computer !

Came home attempted to boot up the pc but nothing. Eventually loaded the last known good config and up popped an error message for Daemon tools ! and guess what, it wont bloody uninstall ! fuck sake.

Any idea how to remove this crap or how to do it manually i want it off the system ASAP.
  • Options
    Where did you get Daemon Tools from? If it wasn't from there official site then I know other sites bundle it with other shite...

Other than that it seems strange as lots and lots of people use it, and I personally have never had anf glitches with it.
  • Options
    It was from the official site.

It's own uninstaller is spitting out its dummy at me and wont work and it's not in the add/remove progs, cant find the uninstaller with easycleaner so what the hell do i use to get rid of it ...
  • Options
    Just looked at mine and the version is 4.00HE

And I can uninstall mine no probs so I have no idea.

Try going on their site and look at the FAQ's or see it there is a tech Forum anywhere searching on google.
  • Options
    After downloading a different piece of Uninstaller software it now looks like Daemon tools has taken itself off of the computer.... Not sure how that could have worked but one thing is for sure, it isnt installed on the pc.

I'm just worried when i switch off tonight when it comes to late evening tomorrow i'm going to be faced with this issue again of the pc not booting up and having no way to fix it.
  • Options
    edn1 wrote:
    After downloading a different piece of Uninstaller software it now looks like Daemon tools has taken itself off of the computer.... Not sure how that could have worked but one thing is for sure, it isnt installed on the pc.

I'm just worried when i switch off tonight when it comes to late evening tomorrow i'm going to be faced with this issue again of the pc not booting up and having no way to fix it.

There's always a way :D
  • Options
    I'm just faced with a freakin error every time i boot up ! Otherwise everything is back to normal.
  • Options
    What's the error?
  • Options
    This error.