Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

blood test pain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had blood taken from my hand on Tuesday and my hand is still sore does anyone know how long it'll take for the pain to go?

Comments

• Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I had blood taken from my hand on Tuesday and my hand is still sore does anyone know how long it'll take for the pain to go?
    I reckon 5-7 days.
  • Options
    hmph mine has been done for 2 days and is still bruised as fuck. grr :grump:

was in my elbow though
  • Options
    Well I took an injection into my bicep mucsle on Saturday and the pain has only just gone. But having one in you hand is different. It must be horriable how they stick a needle on something like your hand. :no:
  • Options
    Why your hand ? That's an unusual place.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    hmph mine has been done for 2 days and is still bruised as fuck. grr :grump:

was in my elbow though

If it's bruised then it will stay for as long as a bruise that looks like that usually lasts for you. Generally a while.

I got a massive one that went most of the way down my arm to my wrist from my elbow after giving blood once. I happened to be working full time for the following fortnight as a lifeguard in a short sleeved uniform. I got so many funny looks....
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Probably couldnt find a vein on her arm.
  • Options
    The hand must have been the easiest place to find a vein to draw blood, it's not unusual.

It's not surprisingly that there was a bit of soreness afterwards as the hands are very sensitive and the skin is a lot thinner of course. That said, it shouldn't still be hurting now, really, is it any better Lea?
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    That's what I thought. My dad had blood taken on the same day from the other side of his elbow and he's been having no pain from it.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    The hand must have been the easiest place to find a vein to draw blood, it's not unusual.

It's not surprisingly that there was a bit of soreness afterwards as the hands are very sensitive and the skin is a lot thinner of course. That said, it shouldn't still be hurting now, really, is it any better Lea?
    It's not too bad but it hurts if I pick anything heavy (heavy as in kettle and carton of milk) in that hand so I've been doing stuff like that in my left hand and nearly spilling things hehe.
  • Options
    I't still a bit sore and it's now bruised :(
  • Options
    +Kirsten++Kirsten+ Deactivated Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    As it's been a week now, perhaps you can ring the doctor's office where you had the blood drawn to see if it's unusual? I agree that you'd expect a bit of soreness for a few days, but - apart from getting better at using your left hand! - must be a bit annoying at the least. Best.