Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Big Brother listening and shouting in the street...

Ok, shot me if that has been done already, but thought this was quite alarming...

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/october2006/041006shoutingtelescreens.htm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2471987,00.html

Basically the government is starting to shout at people in the street when they do bad things caught on CCTV... That I might say I am not sure I hate...

But the other idea of placing microphone attach to CCTV to be able to hear up to 100 yards what people are talking about in the street, or well even your home if you are close enough is just alarming...

I really hope they will drop the idea of that something will be done to stop them from doing such... Personal Privacy is going down the toilet once more...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The shouting has been around for a while now.

The listening aspect... well what can I say? Even David Blunkett thinks that it's an invasion of civil liberties :eek:
  • Options
    I am glad a guy like him actually take the stand to ask to stop it, hopefully they will listen...
  • Options
    "If you have nothing to hide....."

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    The listening part is a very bad idea.

As for the shouting bit, I think it's good. If you see some fucking tool through CCTV about to set fire to bin on the street and have the capability to say through a speaker located in that point "the police have been called and are on their way, stop that or you're fucking nicked" , chances are some of them will stop and leave.
  • Options
    Yes I think I like the shouting as well... will help in keeping the street cleaner as well and will sure stop many fights or crimina activities...

But listening is just madness... I mean most of people talk about their private life in the street and not about dealing drugs or anything else like that...
  • Options
    Even David Blunkett thinks that it's an invasion of civil liberties :eek:

We really are screwed if we have to look to him to protect us.