Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's my computer worth?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm taking out contents insurance soon & want to include my computer on it but I'm not sure how much it's worth.

My sister bought it brand new out of a catalogue & paid a whopping £900 for it! (Rip off, as it stated that it's a gaming computer but has a crappy graphics card).

The specs are as follows:

iQon S651MPR2
Intel Celeron 2.68 Ghz
224 Mb Ram
71.2 Gb

It has built in CD-RW & DVD Drive (not DVD-RW)
It's got XP Home Edition installed
Graphics Card is: SiS 651C Rev 00
It has 15" Proview flat screen monitor
It has an A5 size Wacom graphics tablet & pen

If anyone has an idea of how much it's worth please let me know asap!
Cheers:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    £200 excluding the tablet, not sure how much they are worth. I would insure it for £400
  • Options
    About 200 yeah, dunno about the tablet either
  • Options
    I'd say about £250 including the tablet.
  • Options
    It's only worth a couple of hundred quid. For insurance purposes I'd use £400 or so - it'd cost you around that for an average system these days, so if anything happened and it needed replacing, you'd be on a better footing from the start.
  • Options
    I wouldnt pay anymore then £200 but like "click to see more" said tell them £400 then if it does need to be claimed you can get a half decent dell or somthing
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.....It's amazing how much computers depreciate in value isn't it. To be fair I bought it off my sister for £200 & she wanted more, so you've all pretty much confirmed how much I thought it was worth. I will say £400 for insurance purposes though, cheers!