Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pinky [&&perky?=P] folk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
who here has got annoying pinky skin?

I CAN'T FIND ANY FOUNDATION/POWDER TO MATCH MY SKIN. They all seem to be yellow based and yellow+red=orange/veryverywrong..

don't get me wrong, i like looking healthy and i'm far from ruddy but the skin on my face tends to be a tad more rosy than on my neck/decolletage and for parties and such like you want to be evened out n pale =P

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried the green tinted stuff you can put on under foundation, that can help take the rosiness away.
    http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/product_details_brand_treatment.jsp?productid=1065010&classificationid=1037318

I have pinky skin and use tinted mosituriser rather then foundation as its much lighter and gives more even coverage
  • Options
    Yellow tinted foundations are designed to cover up redness :yes:
  • Options
    ^No, they're not - foundation is made so that it blends in with the skin tone it's applied to. You need a pink tone foundation for pink skin tones and a yellow tone foundation for yellow skin tones.
    Using a yellow based foundation on pink skin will only make you look sallow and ill.

Yellow concealer however, counteracts redness and should be used underneath a pink toned foundation on a pink skin tone.

Edited to add: Try Elizabeth Arden flawless finish foundation - I have a pink skin tone and use the colour 'cream' in that foundation, it's gorgeous. Prior to that I was using a MAC foundation which was just too yellow.
  • Options
    Yellow concealer however, counteracts redness and should be used underneath a pink toned foundation on a pink skin tone.
    Ah yadda yadda, that's what I meant :blush: