Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Equalizer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wonder if any of you can help me. When I play music through WMP the voice line is very weak, almost in the background. How can I make the voice line prominant but still have a good bass line and other accompaniment

Comments

• Options
    depends very much on the mix on the CD, but you could try boosting the mids, rather than the lows. I assume WMP has an equalizer somewhere... ah, it's in view > enhancements > graphic equalizer. try some of the presets to start with :)
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that I know about the equalizer but it's the settings I need help with. The presets are shit, I need individual tweaks :)
  • Options
    ah ok, only a guess, but I think vocals tend to be in the mid - high range, I really dont know, sorry!

am not musical, I play the drums :p
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    I wonder if any of you can help me. When I play music through WMP the voice line is very weak, almost in the background. How can I make the voice line prominant but still have a good bass line and other accompaniment

You've probably got the karaoke feature turned on