Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

PSP's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Riiight, my sister lives in Australia, and has a PSP. Guessing my dad brought it her from over there!...
I've bought her a game from over here for a birthday pressie...but now im being told it might not work on her psp? Different regions??
Anyone know?
Thanks x

Comments

• Options
    The PSP is region free, so it should be ok.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    The PSP is region free, so it should be ok.

Are you sure? I was told wherever you brought it was what region it was? x
  • Options
    Ok just found this:
    We finally have confirmation of long-running expectations: the PlayStation Portable will feature a region lock encoding system, but that this lock system will not be used on games. PSP adopts both a "worldwide" and "regional" code system," explains Molly Smith of SCE America. "For games on PSP there is no region code. However, due to language and system issues, quality assurance procedures are done in each territory. Therefore, we recommend purchasing both the hardware and corresponding software in the same market/territory."

But on the back of tthe game theres a little black box with a number 2 in it and i dont know what else this could mean?

E.g
    http://img.tesco.com/pi/entertainment/MM/LB/697798_GS_L_B.jpg

like that lil black box?
  • Options
    PSP games are not region enabled. Only PSP films on UMD.