Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Similar artists

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Can anybody reccomend any bands that are similar to flogging molly or dropkick murphys? That upbeat fun stuff with an irish kick. Thanks.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Never heard them. Fun and upbeat with an Irish kick? That'd be The Pogues, but I'm guessing you know about them already. The Thrills are fun upbeat and Irish, and maybe some of The Coral's stuff too. But I haven't heard those bands you mentioned, so I can't really comment.
  • Options
    http://www.allmusic.com/

I found ^^ that website a while ago and it's really good. Just type in the band name and it'll come up with similar artists. There are so many links to stuff you already listen to or that you might like.
  • Options
    Actually, from their description, they sound a bit like Gogol Bordello. More eastern european than irish, but a similar sort of crazy punk music that you could have a hoedown to.
  • Options
    The Saw Doctors :heart:
  • Options
    Thank you all I shall check them out, though the site just came up blank when I typed in the artists :p

Also... Really liking the Saw Doctors, thank!
  • Options
    Only three I can think of have already been mentioned.
    I saw Dropkick Murphys with Less Than Jake in Brixton not long ago! Great live band! :thumb:
  • Options
    Actually, from their description, they sound a bit like Gogol Bordello. More eastern european than irish, but a similar sort of crazy punk music that you could have a hoedown to.

I personally don't think they sound similar, tbh. But then again, I don't think I've heard that much by Dropkick Murphys.
  • Options
    the only band like that i know of is the Real McKenzies. but i haven't heard them myself, so I couldn't tell you if they are any good
  • Options
    Dropkicks rule. Best live band I have ever seen pretty much.

Try www.pandora.com for recommending new bands and the like.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Also... Really liking the Saw Doctors, thank!

My, what good taste you have! :thumb: