Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Well Done Celtic!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
How upset must that cheating nobhead of a referee be after seeing Saha miss the penalty and the sitter?

Quality :lol:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Qualo! Saw the highlights, watched the Arsenal match though.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    How upset must that cheating nobhead of a referee

Yeah, Balde should have gone just for the tackle on Scholes...

justice was servied on the pen, I agree and I'd love for United to finally realise that they need to finish team off in Europe when they are on top...

Have to say well done to Celtic, much as it grates.
  • Options
    It was quite funny, eh?

Celtic didn't even need to play that well to win, because United's final ball was absolutely awful pretty much all night. Looked like a bunch of over-hyped wasters tonight.

Have to say though, that's the kind of penalty Celtic get given week in week out, so they couldn't have had many complaints if it went in.
  • Options
    Yeah, Balde should have gone just for the tackle on Scholes...

He should certainly have been booked, yeah. I think it was late more than sinister (something Scholes is a master of), but if a red had been shown nobody could have complained. But the free-kick was given, at least.

But for the whole evening the ref seemed to be edging towards Man Utd in every decision, and the penalty was nothing short of a joke.

I thought the whole game was hilarious because man Utd dominated so much and did so little. The fake Ronaldo fell over a lot and Rooney sulked.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:

Have to say though, that's the kind of penalty Celtic get given week in week out, so they couldn't have had many complaints if it went in.

Aye, and for a lot fucking less. Cheating cunts.

I can't stand those dirty bastards, they are absolute filth. Any chance to see their repulsive fans, the epitome of a vile human being that is Neil Lennon and that ginger dwarf Strachan hurting then I'm all for it.
  • Options
    I'd love for United to finally realise that they need to finish team off in Europe when they are on top...

That's characteristic of every team that visits Celtic Park in Europe. They ride the home side like Torbett through the youth team and play/pass them off the park without having to try, but they won't score. Celtic snatch a jammy goal from a set piece or a counter attack late on and it's game over.

The only side I've seen come to Celtic Park in recent times, toy with them and get the goals was Barcelona.

It should be a lesson for the Man Utd youngsters. It's all well and good having Ronaldo nutmeg opponents but showboating is for when the ball has already been in the back of the net. And Saha not playing to the whistle? Kids are taught to play on unless they're certain; it's not a mistake a professional in the Champions League should ever make.

Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, Saha - they didn't show up tonight. I hope Man Utd get punted out of the competition after their shameful effort.
  • Options
    I felt that it was an awesome match, like the first encounter. Loved the atmosphere. Overall, United should have finished the game in the first half, were we were by far the better side, missed Ruud tonight Sad . Carrick and Scholes were fantastic, as was the mighty Vidic (quickly becoming one of my favourite players). Ronaldo was quality too, but lacked the decisive ball, his runs were awesome, made Celtics defence look shite, especially Balde. Second half though, the substitutions were a masterstroke by Strachan, Fergie just didn't have an answer to them. Celtic played very well second half. It shouldn't have been a free kick, and likewise the penalty claim was a little dubious.

Our lack of a replacement for Ruud was clear tonight. Saha is a great player, but not the same type of player. I'm glad Celtic are through, they've always been my "second team" since i was little. Cracking goal from Nakamura too, just like in the first match (which was also a cracking match).

I reckon its time the FA, SFA, Welsh FA and N.I FA got together and scrapped the League Cup as, even though its the only trophy we've won recently (before someone brings it up), it is still a worthless competition. A British cup would be far more entertaining.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    But for the whole evening the ref seemed to be edging towards Man Utd in every decision, and the penalty was nothing short of a joke.

I take it you missed the two ridiculous offside decisions against United then? What about the Jarosik dive and subsequent ridiculous free kick which led to their goal? Edging towards Man Utd my arse, though I wouldn't expect you to notice otherwise. The linesman was especially awful, those decisions weren't difficult to make.

Celtic were shite, rode their luck, dived for their free kick, and Nakamura showed their only bit of quality all game. I suppose I should give them some credit for actually taking their chance. Didn't think United played too badly but the final ball tonight was uncharacteristically poor. Mustn't be so complacement.
  • Options
    After Barcelona '99, I don't think Man United are due any luck in Europe till about 2036.

Fingers crossed Benfica finish the job in a couple of weeks :)
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I take it you missed the two ridiculous offside decisions against United then? What about the Jarosik dive and subsequent ridiculous free kick which led to their goal? Edging towards Man Utd my arse, though I wouldn't expect you to notice otherwise. The linesman was especially awful, those decisions weren't difficult to make.

Celtic were shite, rode their luck, dived for their free kick, and Nakamura showed their only bit of quality all game. I suppose I should give them some credit for actually taking their chance. Didn't think United played too badly but the final ball tonight was uncharacteristically poor. Mustn't be so complacement.

SWEET SWEET REVENGE............. so by the way you are talking...... do u also agree tat the penalty man united got in the first leg of the tie was actually a penalty or just giggs at it again?
  • Options
    the epitome of a vile human being that is Neil Lennon

You're surely not suggesting that the Celtic captain, a man who, over the course of a few months, sent abusive text messages to a pregnant, single-mother-to-be threatening to "batter" her unless she aborted his bastard child, is a vile human being? :eek:
  • Options
    I didn't see all the game cos I was entertaining a lady and she didn't want to watch the scum unfortunately, managed to catch parts of the first half and some highlights after the Arsenal game.

Well done Celtic, excellent home record in the Champs League but from what I saw in the first half I thought it would just be a matter of time before man u got the break through.

One thing I did see and have to mention cos it was quality from Ronaldo, he tried a Ronaldinho type pass where you look one way and then pass it the other, although Ronaldos went straight to a Celtic player :lol: showboating scummer. Don't get me wrong he's good to watch with his trickery but this was in the final third of the field, he was inside right with no pressure and there was no need to do it, it didn't fool anyone just made him look a fool, great to see though.
  • Options
    zooby wrote:
    SWEET SWEET REVENGE............. so by the way you are talking...... do u also agree tat the penalty man united got in the first leg of the tie was actually a penalty or just giggs at it again?

Giggs went down with an injury, hardly a dive.
  • Options
    zooby wrote:

Are you talking about when Boruc came running out for a ball he was never getting to and foolishly clattered into Giggs? No, not a penalty at all. :rolleyes:

Everyone's talking today about whether the Old Firm should be allowed into the Premier League now. Absolute bollocks. Last night's result was more or less the equivilant of when Southend beat United if you look at how both matches unfolded. In fact, Southend were better opponents, let them into the premiership.
  • Options
    O_o wrote:
    Our lack of a replacement for Ruud was clear tonight.
    Yep. He could've missed the penalty instead. :lol:
  • Options
    Yep. He could've missed the penalty instead. :lol:

:lol: LOL!
    Yes, well done Celtic!!
  • Options
    O_o wrote:

Our lack of a replacement for Ruud was clear tonight.

We don't need a replacement for Ruud. Saha, much like the rest of the team has been superb this season, playing their best football in years. One result does not suddenly change everything, it was a slip up no more. On a better night we would've steamrolled them.

Also, it's funny how a short while ago United fans on here were being more or less labelled as pathetic for taking pleasure in Liverpool's failings but at the same time it seems everytime United lose a game, it requires a full thread spread on here with everyone chipping in with a pop. Still, I suppose the team should take it as a compliment to how well they've been playing, if people feel the need to bask in every defeat that comes their way. ;)
  • Options
    Nah, its never pathetic to enjoy the misfortune of teams you hate.

It was a freekick against Jarosik, and Saha was at least two yards offside when he missed the sitter. The penalty was a joke, too- the referee was trying his damndest to make sure United won, but fortunately Saha managed to fluff both of them.

United should have won, which makes it even funnier. Almost as hysterical as the 2005 FA Cup Final :lol:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

It was a freekick against Jarosik, and Saha was at least two yards offside when he missed the sitter. The penalty was a joke, too- the referee was trying his damndest to make sure United won, but fortunately Saha managed to fluff both of them.

Is diving to win a free kick justified in your eyes then, because Jarosik certainly dived. Strange, the amount you talk about diving, I would've thought you'd think otherwise.

Saha was onside for his sitter, but for some reason he seemed to think he'd been flagged offside, probably because of how flag happy the linesman had been up until then. Silly all the same.

The penalty was certainly dubious, but you can't block a goal bound effort with your hand. His hand wasn't even protecting his body. You see them given all the time. Balde was lucky to escape conceding a penalty earlier in the game as well.
  • Options
    Balde was lucky not to get sent off for the foul on Scholes, definitely, but he was only "lucky" in the penalty incident in that the ref wasn't conned by that diving twat Ronaldo.

I don't think Jarosik dived, he was caught. Whether he was caught as much as reckoned is different, mind. Which is someting you always claim is acceptable when your darling Portuguese charver does it:)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Balde was lucky not to get sent off for the foul on Scholes, definitely, but he was only "lucky" in the penalty incident in that the ref wasn't conned by that diving twat Ronaldo.

I don't think Jarosik dived, he was caught. Whether he was caught as much as reckoned is different, mind. Which is someting you always claim is acceptable when your darling Portuguese charver does it:)

Replays showed Jarosik wasn't touched. Vidic went for the ball, not sure how much contact he got on it, but either way, he was nowhere near the man. It was very dubious.

Ronaldo was clattered by Balde from behind, you can hardly label that a dive.

I'm just pointing out how many of the decisions were shite, and most of them went against United. I wouldn't be bothered whinging about the referee though. We lost because we couldn't take our chances.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It was a freekick against Jarosik

:eek:

For what?
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Also, it's funny how a short while ago United fans on here were being more or less labelled as pathetic for taking pleasure in Liverpool's failings but at the same time it seems everytime United lose a game, it requires a full thread spread on here with everyone chipping in with a pop. Still, I suppose the team should take it as a compliment to how well they've been playing, if people feel the need to bask in every defeat that comes their way. ;)
    Hold your horses. Now I know it's difficult for a Man U fan to comprehend that any other team exists, but let's take a look at the thread title shall we? Oh yes, it's "Well Done Celtic!" And knowing that there are plenty of celtic fans on here, how's that an attack on Man Utd? Not quite in the same league as "Liverpool = Shit" now is it? Get over yourself. You're not the only team in the world.
  • Options
    Hold your horses. Now I know it's difficult for a Man U fan to comprehend that any other team exists, but let's take a look at the thread title shall we? Oh yes, it's "Well Done Celtic!" And knowing that there are plenty of celtic fans on here, how's that an attack on Man Utd? Not quite in the same league as "Liverpool = Shit" now is it? Get over yourself. You're not the only team in the world.

I didn't say it was an attack on Man United, just when United seem to lose, threads start popping up. It's the content, not the titles - most of it is petty swipes at United and 'sicken red wankers' etc. I don't mind, it's just banter, I was just pointing out how it works both ways, and people shouldn't whinge when we have a go at Liverpool. Oh, and some users do have a pre-occupation with Man United so you'd be forgiven for thinking they're the only team in the world round here. Seems any time any sort of football thread is made, Man United are invaribly dragged into it.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I didn't say it was an attack on Man United, just when United seem to lose, threads start popping up. It's the content, not the titles - most of it is petty swipes at United and 'sicken red wankers' etc. I don't mind, it's just banter, I was just pointing out how it works both ways, and people shouldn't whinge when we have a go at Liverpool. Oh, and some users do have a pre-occupation with Man United so you'd be forgiven for thinking they're the only team in the world round here. Seems any time any sort of football thread is made, Man United are invaribly dragged into it.
    Fair enough. But then so are Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal usually. They're all a bunch of wankers if you ask me. :thumb:
  • Options
    Haha over the moon. Celtic winning is one thing, but winning over the scum is even better. :D
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    We don't need a replacement for Ruud. Saha, much like the rest of the team has been superb this season, playing their best football in years. One result does not suddenly change everything, it was a slip up no more. On a better night we would've steamrolled them.

i agree, but im thinking of different reasons. we cant go through a season only have Rooney, Saha and Smith as our strikers. Solskjaer is injured and will probably retire soon, and Smith is just coming back from injury. We need someone who can step up if our other strikers are not on form.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Giggs went down with an injury, hardly a dive.

Giggs got injured, because of the dive.. :) he got what he desrved, by the way you are talking you either wear red tinted glasses or didnt even see the incident.
  • Options
    bttt

and back to where you belong, under us, you smelly buckfast drinking twats!
  • Options
    :eek:

For what?

For playing against Man Utd of course!

One of the worst decisions i've seen this season, contact was the best part of a foot away.