Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Miffy!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thanks for your recommendation of the vegetable tart/pastry on the vegetarian foods thread. I made 2 last night, and they went down a treat. :D

I used an onion, garlic, yellow pepper, courgette, mushrooms, an aubergine, then added some tomato passata, put it onto some puff pastry, folded around the edges, and let it cook. Was delish.

:yippe:

Comments

• Options
    I bought everything to make this the other day, Im looking forward to it even more now :yum:
  • Options
    You'll love it, I'm really glad I tried it. I served mine with some cous cous as the boy has dental pain from having his wisdom teeth lobbed out. I think it would have been better with some new potatoes.
  • Options
    Mmmmm that sounds yummy! I use condensed asparagus or celery soup as a sauce (works well with mushrooms, leeks, broccoli etc), add a bit of mustard and some stilton or goats cheese if you're feeling really swish. Add some pastry shapes on top of the tart (use cookie cutter, stars and hearts are good). Looks good, tastes amazing and everyone thinks you are a total masterchef. Result!

Sorry hijacked a bit with my recipe. Puff pastry is the best
  • Options
    The more ideas the merrier :D

My love of puff pastry has been rekindled. I had a delicious honey-parsnip, roast chestnut and creamy leak pie the other day, I think I'm going to try it out with some puff pastry.
  • Options
    Oh, good! Glad you liked it, it IS delicious, isn't it?! Can't take the credit for the recipe though, like I said, I nicked it from Birdseye. :D
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Can't take the credit for the recipe though, like I said, I nicked it from Birdseye. :D

Does that mean some bloke with a white beard dressed as a sea captain is gonna track you down and beat you severely with a box of cod fillet fish fingers ? :D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Does that mean some bloke with a white beard dressed as a sea captain is gonna track you down and beat you severely with a box of cod fillet fish fingers ? :D

Only in my drea...er...nightmares. :D