Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tattoo question....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had a tattoo done yesterday, and I'm very happy with it, looking after it as I've been told to etc...........

Thing is, today it hurts like hell. I'm not surprised that it hurts like hell, and wasn't expecting anything less. But I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything that I could put on for a couple of hours, or do, just to ease the pain a little.

I'm going to a funeral you see, and try as I might, I couldn't avoid what I've got to wear (heels, and a knee length skirt) and the tattoo is on my leg. So I've already had to bypass tights, and I double checked noone is going to be iffy if my tattoo is on show at the funeral, so I'm good to go.

I can just imagine me *since I've pulled a muscle in the other leg!* limping around like a lunatic you see! Anything anyone can suggest would be great.

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I can just imagine me *since I've pulled a muscle in the other leg!* limping around like a lunatic you see! Anything anyone can suggest would be great.
    ooooh what an attractive image!! :p

i dont know though hun, sorry!
  • Options
    Haha, you can just picture it can't you :razz:
  • Options
    Could you not take some paracetamol or ibuprofen?

I don't think you can put anything other than savlon actually on the tattoo itself can you?
  • Options
    This is what I thought. Never mind eh limping it is, haha.
  • Options
    what have you had done?
  • Options
    I used Benpathelon I think it was, it's a baby rash cream. Makes your tattoo's ink stay nice and black! And it doooooooes hurt for about a month after you've had it done, just rest it as best you can and take painkillers.

Oh! AND DO NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT scratch or pick the scab otherwise you'll have lovely white patches. I'd advise you to steer clear of tights as it'll aggravte the scab and more than likely peel it off.

I want to get another one on the back of my neck, or at the side of my ear. Maybe a treble cleff.
  • Options
    This
  • Options
    Hmm painkillers are my best bet then. I'll be OD'ing on them anyway due to a cold haha :)
  • Options
    is the funeral today?
    If not, the pain will probably go away by then, neither of my tattoos hurt for that long, but then neither of them are very big, and yours doesnt look big either. Id personally just either take a couple of ibuprofen to take down some inflamation and take the edge off the bruised feeling, and then just grin and bear it. It cant be that bad surely?
  • Options
    Cold pack?

Not sure how practical it is for the funeral though but could be worth a shot.
  • Options
    Mine didn't hurt at all. It didn't itch, nothing. And I was never advised to put any cream on it, yet it's still nice and black (mine is all black though, no colour).

I would just try and leave it alone completely, avoid putting anything on it and try and avoid touching it, apart from cleaning gently in the bath/shower.

It's very pretty, btw. :)
  • Options
    Mine didn't hurt at all either, I could've forgotten I'd had it done ten minutes later - had my shoe not been filling up with blood :razz:

I did put pile cream on mine on the odd occasion, how glamorous!
  • Options
    Yeah it was today. It was all going OK til I bashed it on the pew. :grump: Hurt all day after that. Hasn't bled though, and I've kept an eye on it and it just looks sore (and cold!).
  • Options
    It cant be that bad surely?
    It's not BAD, until I get into the cold air (which is what I've spent the day in). I have quite sensitive skin, and I heal slowly as well, so I'm quite sore. Nothing I can't handle, just would of preferred the edge to be taken off so I could concentrate.
  • Options
    Mine's on my bum, so it's always nice and warm. :p It never bled either... my mates bled like there was no tomorrow!!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    briggi wrote:
    I did put pile cream on mine on the odd occasion, how glamorous!
    Pile cream/gel is good! It has a bit of anti itch in it too, its a gentle antiseptic and inflammatory and lets it breathe and not dry out.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Pile cream/gel is good! It has a bit of anti itch in it too, its a gentle antiseptic and inflammatory and lets it breathe and not dry out.

That is supposed to be one of the best things for them. Nikki, yours looks very pretty. I still really want to get mine done, but I need someone to go with me; I'm not the best person when it comes to needles.
  • Options
    mine and i love it and tattos do hurt after but the best thing u can dot is go to the tatoo shop and ask them cos they all have there own ways. May be better if you do that :)
  • Options
    Mine's on my bum, so it's always nice and warm. :p It never bled either... my mates bled like there was no tomorrow!!

Haha, mine bled when he went close to my bone while doing it, but is fine and dandy now. It hasn't "dried out" either yet, like most people I know have, so when I put cream on it I always wonder if I'm doing it for no reason. (don't ask me what cream it is, my boyfriend went and bought me a bottle of whatever he used on his tattoo because my leg went dead after having it, haha!)