Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tricky situation - Advice needed.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I started wokrking for a large department store a few months ago. There is a girl there that I like but she only works 1 day a week and I've only seen her 3 or 4 times in total and never really had a chance to talk much.

However I think she likes me. After the first time I saw her, 3 weeks went by until I saw her again and when she saw me she came over and said my name and asked how I was. I was surprised she remembered my name because to be honest I couldn't remember hers at this point.

And her friend is always talking about her when I'm there. She always brings her up in the conversation and looks at me when she's doing it.

I was planning to maybe ask her friend if she had a boyfriend. It would be a not so subtle way of letting her know I'm interested.

But I'm kind of shy so this might come completely out of the blue and I might have got it wrong and be about to make a complete arse of myself.

On top of that, I'm not the only guy in the place who likes her. Quite a few of the men wouldn't mind asking her out including the Team Leader.

So if it goes wrong I could be pissing a lot of people off and making an idiot of myself.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I'd ask her friend if this girl had a boyfriend, least then you can see if you've got a chance.

I'm shy aswell, but sometimes you've just to go and do things for your own good. If you get good vibes, ask her if she wants to go to the pub after one night and take it from there :)
  • Options
    it sounds like she likes you and both her and her friend are making it obvious tbh.
  • Options
    it sounds like she likes you and both her and her friend are making it obvious tbh.

Agreed. I'd also ask her friend if she has a boyfriend...
  • Options
    I don't get the whole asking if she has a boyfriend thing. For a start, girls usually mention it if they do, in my experience. But asking her if she's got a boyfriend is like asking for permission to ask her out. Just do it, for fucks sake. If you ask her friend, it will get back to her that you were asking about her, so you might as well just ask her out, and if she's got a boyfriend, then what's the harm?
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

I am going to ask her friend because what have I got nothing to lose and everything to gain.
  • Options
    Just another question I need some help with.

I found out that hrr friend is on Holiday and will be for the next 3 weeks.

So it looks like I'm going to have to ask this girl myself but how do I even go about it considering It's a large department store and I won't really have an time alone with her?
  • Options
    Wat_Tambor wrote:
    Just another question I need some help with.

I found out that hrr friend is on Holiday and will be for the next 3 weeks.

So it looks like I'm going to have to ask this girl myself but how do I even go about it considering It's a large department store and I won't really have an time alone with her?

I think you should go in there on a day off, when you're not in work gear etc, if you see her go chat to her, ask how she is, maybe ask her what she's up to at wknd & if she's not up to anything you should say you're out with some friends & would she like to join you?! Swap numbers if she seems keen & then take her out on your own (nothing fancy just drinks, pretend you're mates ill or something!),then you have the chance to get to know her! Sneaky but it should work!

Asking her friend is the kinda thing you do at school, be brave & move in for the kill, she'll respect you more for it. Ladies have a soft spot for shy boys, so she will be impressed if you've plucked up the courage, just don't be too cocky!

Just an idea, but let us know how it goes! :D
  • Options
    Ok. so I asked her friend.

I asked if she had a boyfriend and she said 'Well, I think she's kind of seeing this guy but I don't know what's happening." For a start, I didn't believe that because her and her friend are extremely close. As close as I've ever seen two friends. If this girl has a boyfriend then her friend will know about it in every detail. So I don't know why she made out like she didn't know.

She then smiled at me and said 'Why? Who fanices her?'

When I said 'I do', she just replied 'do you?' and then that was it. Silence. It wasn't mentioned for the rest of the day we just carried on talking about other things as though nothing had happened.

I was completely shocked by the reaction. Did I get it all wrong? Even now when I look at the things that have happened I don't think I did. The reaction was very weird. I expected some ribbing from her about it but there was nothing.

Today I saw this girl and she was working in my section. Lets just say she wasn't avoiding me but at the same time she wasn't rushing over to talk to me either. Although she was very happy all day. Always smiling and laughing with frineds. I even saw her dancing at one point. I'm not egotistical enough to say this has anything to do with me but what I mean is she wasn't running and hiding in a corner everytime I came near.

The odd glance was exchanged between us and that was it.

The thing is, now I'm back to square one. I'm only a Christmas temp so I might not see this girl again unless I get kept on until after Christmas. Again, my only avenue to find anything out is her friend but I no longer know what to say or how to go about this.

At this point self-respect and dignity mean nothing, I'm prepared to do, say or ask whatever is neccessary to go out with this girl.

Any ideas?
  • Options
    I think ask for her number should have high priority if you see her that rarely.
    Just tell her it's a pity you seldom see her, so could you have her number to catch up for a drink or something.

If she has a boyfriend she'd let you know I reckon, even tho you can't be wrong with asking her friend. If she likes you in that way you probably score (if you don't fuck it up).

Make clear if there's a b/f tho first!

/edit: she probably tests you if you jump over your shadow to ask her out. you have a lot of time during work, gather up the courage and do it! like you said, nothing to lose, a lot to gain.

you are just x-mas temp, if it doesn't work out, don't bother, you won't see her again (like she's really seeing a guy).
  • Options
    This is just a little update for the people who were helping me out and another question.

I actually managed to ask for her phone number.

She told me she was 'kind of seeing someone' which is what her friend told me anyway and I said it was ok.

When she told me that though she had a really dissapointed look on her face like she didn't want to hurt me.

So I had a good New Year and decided to try and forget aobut her.

But now there is a spanner in the works. I've been told that I'm staying on in the job and I'm no longer just a Christmas temp. So now I'm probably going to see her every weekend.

And a friend told me that this girl said a few months ago that she wanted to go out with me.

So now I'm confused. I've kind of got it bad for this girl. I saw her more over Christmas and just liked her more and more. I've been told that she wanted out with me but when I asked for her number she said no.

So what do I do? It's kind of eating me up.
  • Options
    Can anyone help me with this? I'm really struggling. I'm actually thinking about quitting the job.
  • Options
    Don't quit your job over this girl. You like her and she seems to like you and this way you get to spend time with her. Enjoy it. If she's still seeing someone then it's good that she didn't give you her number. It shows that she's honourable and that she doesn't want to lead you on or cheat on her boyfriend. Give it time. Get to know her a bit more and if she does really like you, then she'll split up with her boyfriend and get with you in her own time.
  • Options
    Just ask her out as friends seeing as you haven't made it blatantly obvious you fancy the arse off her, play it cool to her mates saying you just like her as a mate now, chances are she will probably want you more as a lot of girls prefer a bit of a chase and a challenge, who knows you might make a great friend or possibly more.
  • Options
    I apologise to anyone sick of seeing this thread but I really don't have anyone to talk to.

I feel like someone is having a laugh at my expence. I've been told that after this Saturday I will get no more weekend work unless someone is sick or on Holiday. For those of you keeping track, that means I'm not going to see this girl from now on.

I walk around the shop all week feeling misreable because I can't get to see her or talk to her and because she said no when I asked for her number.

The only thing that's keeping me going is the thought of seeing her on the weekends but now that has been taken away.

I haven't seen her since I asked for her number on New Years eve. I expect to see her on Saturday but don't know what to say or how to act and the thought of never seeing her after that is killling me.
  • Options
    I don't know what I'd do in that situation.

On Saturday though I might bring up the fact that you asked for her number. Just make a joke out of it and see what happens.