Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ebay experts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why do i keep getting fucked over on ebay.

About 2 weeks ago i won the auction for a pair of jeans. The seller didnt accept paypal, and only accpeted cheque or postal order. I didnt send them anything as i thought they seemed a bit 'iffy' :D

Ebay sent me an email saying the seller had been suspended. I thought i had a lucky escape.

However i saw some similar jeans with another seller, and i won this auction also. However its been a week since i paid via paypal and the seller hasnt replied to my emails. I went onto ebay today, and it now says 'this person is no longer a member of ebay' :banghead:

Whats going on? I had only bought from ebay a couple of times before and everything went fine.

Is ebay just a mine field ?

:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    you really shouldnt bid on things you arent going to pay for

the payment methods he accepts would be there in his listing, if you didnt want to pay by those methods, you shouldnt have bid. Lots of people dont accept paypal, its not iffy, it`s their right

i have never had any problems from ebay

are you checking their feedback before bidding?
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    you really shouldnt bid on things you arent going to pay for

the payment methods he accepts would be there in his listing, if you didnt want to pay by those methods, you shouldnt have bid. Lots of people dont accept paypal, its not iffy, it`s their right

i have never had any problems from ebay

are you checking their feedback before bidding?
    Yep. I've been using ebay for years and haven't had a single problem.

Non paying bidders like you are f-ing rude.
  • Options
    I would have paid via cheque, but before i could ebay emailed me to tell me not to!

The second time i paid by paypal 2 minutes after the auction?

What have i done wrong? Im playing by the rules
  • Options
    Calvin wrote:
    I would have paid via cheque, but before i could ebay emailed me to tell me not to!
    thats not what you said in your first post, you said you didnt send them anything because he didnt accept paypal and you thought that was iffy

thats NOT playing by the rules :thumb:

so, have you been reading their feedback?
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    thats not what you said in your first post, you said you didnt send them anything because he didnt accept paypal and you thought that was iffy. quote]

In the item description they said paypal payments will be dispatched within 2 day. So i thought i would pay by paypal so i could recieve it quickly. When i emailed the seller, they replied back saying they only accept cheque or postal order. (which i thought was odd)

So i emailed them asking where to send a cheque. I got no reply then ebay emailed me to say do not send any payment to the seller they have been suspended. So i didnt!

I have emailed ebay to say I won the auction and i hadnt paid, but they told me not too. Would this go against me. But i havent had a reply.

The second time I paid by paypal 2 minutes after winning :confused: the seller hasnt replied to my emails and on ebay it says they are no longer a member.

I checked the feedback for both people. They had thousands of feedback comments, there were less than 10 negatives out of many thousands.

I thought i had played by the rules, after all I want these jeans and am willing to pay whatever is needed for them.

:thumb:
  • Options
    I've had a few problems on ebay, Once i bought a central locking pump for my car for £90, sent the money via cheque, the guy also sold a few other bits for cars to other people, anyway, he had some crap feedback in his account and he just ignored my emails.

Ended up pm'ing everyone who he'd sold things to and we made a complaint to the police, and ebay.. but nothing happened except his account getting suspended.

The only time i'll buy things on non-paypal auctions is if i'm collecting in person now.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote:
    So i thought i would pay by paypal so i could recieve it quickly. When i emailed the seller, they replied back saying they only accept cheque or postal order. (which i thought was odd)
    again, why is it odd? lots of people on ebay dont accept paypal!

are these jeans designer by any chance?
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    I've had a few problems on ebay, Once i bought a central locking pump for my car for £90, sent the money via cheque, the guy also sold a few other bits for cars to other people, anyway, he had some crap feedback in his account and he just ignored my emails.

Ended up pm'ing everyone who he'd sold things to and we made a complaint to the police, and ebay.. but nothing happened except his account getting suspended.

The only time i'll buy things on non-paypal auctions is if i'm collecting in person now.
    and you still bid? :confused:
    did you stop the cheque?
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    again, why is it odd? lots of people on ebay dont accept paypal!

But in the item description they said they did accept paypal. When i emailed the seller they then said they didn't accept paypal.

When i pointed out it says in the item description paypal orders will be dispatched within 2 days, the seller never replied!

are these jeans designer by any chance?

Yes they are, is that significant ?:D
  • Options
  • Options
    Calvin wrote:
    Yes they are, is that significant ?:D
    very, if they arent genuine then thats probably the reason that ebay kicked them off :thumb:
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    very, if they arent genuine then thats probably the reason that ebay kicked them off :thumb:

bollocks, I think im just going to buy them from the shop, at least i will know they are genuine.

Cheers
  • Options
    Unfortunately there's bound to be scabs and worthless idiots on Ebay just as there are in the rest of the world. You just have to be choosey. Try to check out feedback, but be wary of lots of feedback from the same people that is used to inflate the ratings. Check for a good history of sellage.

Personally I'd only buy on Ebay with paypal. Not that I think it's much better, but it at least has a slight air of legitimacy about it.
  • Options
    I have learnt my lesson. I was under the belief that if they were being sold thru a reputable brand (ebay) then the goods would be real.

Makes me feel shit, if someone would just sell me some real ones, i would buy them

Cheers:D
  • Options
    I never accept PayPal when I sell something. But I always use it when buying stuff, if it's available. PayPal stink, in all honesty. Too many ways to get screwed over, if not by the seller/buyer, then PayPal itself.