Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

All inclusive holidays

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm going on holiday in a week, got a cheap all inclusive break to Tunisia.

I've never been all inclusive before, can someone explain things about it? Can I actually go up to the bar and get 5 bottles of wine at 11am? (Not that I would do that but just wondering...)

How much money do you think I should take with me, bearing in mind that food and drink (and I think some sports/entertainment) is included?

:confused:

Thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i went on an all inclusive holiday last year to majorca. All food and drink was provided. via canteen thingy. It wasnt bad. There was plenty of choice. Coffee was crap though.
    Drinks from a bar, when they were open which i only noticed in the evenings, but different hotels obviously.

Good value really, especially if you go with mates. Its not exactly high class but not bad!
  • Options
  • Options
    I have just returned from an all inclusive trip to Cancun, Mexico and had a superb time, Basically you can just eat and drink from the moment you wake up to the moment you got to bed! The only thing we did was tip the bar staff and waiters a bit for their service, I have to say that worked a treat as we seemed to get preferential service at the bar area after that! :)
  • Options
    I've only been on one all-inclusive holiday and it was alright but like others have said, got a bit samey. I like to eat out in different places/drink in different bars so if you're the same then this will probably be the last all-inc holiday you take :lol:
    That said though it is nice being able to just go up to the bar and get food/drink whenever you want.
    At the place i went to they had the 3 main meals at set time during the day (breakfast, lunch & dinner) then you could go to the bar and get snacks anytime during the day which was generally stuff like toasties, hotdogs, chips, ice-creams etc.
    The all-you-can-drink drinks thing was ok, we were only aloud to get i think it was 4 or 5 drinks at a time and the queue to get them was normally quite long because the cups were rather small.
  • Options
    Don't forget though that local alcoholic drinks can be really cheap anyway so it isn't necessarily as good value as it seems.